FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Can't run sense 6 roms?

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Rye Cribby Tree, Member on 19th August 2014, 06:14 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Any time I try to flash a rom that is sense based my phone instead of booting like a normal phone it boots to the HTC screen then restarts and boots into TWRP. Anyone know of a fix? I tried to wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache but nothing works.

EDIT: When I try to install the stock rom it says some symlinks failed and error executing updater binary in zip
Last edited by Rye Cribby Tree; 19th August 2014 at 06:20 AM.

19th August 2014, 07:27 AM |#2  
Flag Irvine, CA
Thanks Meter: 147

Donate to Me
More
are you using a GPE phone if you are the partitions are a bit different and you have to go through the process of converting your phone.
19th August 2014, 07:41 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by syaoran68

are you using a GPE phone if you are the partitions are a bit different and you have to go through the process of converting your phone.

It is from ATT, it had sense stock but I accidentally formatted the entire phone now my hboot screen looks different. it is black with a droid in the middle instead of white with the droids on skateboards. and the splash screen has a small black unlocked lock at the bottom instead of the normal htc splash.
19th August 2014, 03:38 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye Cribby Tree

It is from ATT, it had sense stock but I accidentally formatted the entire phone now my hboot screen looks different. it is black with a droid in the middle instead of white with the droids on skateboards. and the splash screen has a small black unlocked lock at the bottom instead of the normal htc splash.

What did you do to "format" it?
20th August 2014, 12:49 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

What did you do to "format" it?

I ticked all the boxes in twrp and deleted everything.
20th August 2014, 01:25 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,100

More
I think you installed a GPE firmware, you'll need to find a rolled up (rather than an OTA) Sense firmware for your device. I take it you're S-Off?
20th August 2014, 03:52 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

I think you installed a GPE firmware, you'll need to find a rolled up (rather than an OTA) Sense firmware for your device. I take it you're S-Off?

Nah, firewater doesn't work for me unfortunately.
20th August 2014, 04:46 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

Quote:

Nah, firewater doesn't work for me unfortunately.

I don't know what's going on. Unless I'm mistaken, that sounds like the GPE boot screen, which you could only flash if you're S-Off.
20th August 2014, 04:48 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

I don't know what's going on. Unless I'm mistaken, that sounds like the GPE boot screen, which you could only flash if you're S-Off.

I can flash GPE roms fine.
20th August 2014, 04:51 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

I can flash GPE roms fine.

My point is that as far as I know, the splash screen is in the firmware. You would need to be S-Off to flash that firmware. Anyway, I can't help.
20th August 2014, 02:05 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,169

More
If that is in fact the GPEboot splash (I'm not that familiar with GPE) you should still be able to get into bootloader, you might just be doing the button combo wrong. Nothing you wiped affects hboot; nor can it be overwritten with s-on (aside from a signed hboot for your version).

Hold down the Power and vol up button to force the phone to reboot. The moment the screen goes dark, let go of vol up, and hold vol down until you see the hboot screen. If you see any screen but the white hboot screen, you probably just pressed vol down too late, or let go of it too early.

Or adb reboot bootloader.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)