Can't run sense 6 roms?

19th August 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
Any time I try to flash a rom that is sense based my phone instead of booting like a normal phone it boots to the HTC screen then restarts and boots into TWRP. Anyone know of a fix? I tried to wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache but nothing works.

EDIT: When I try to install the stock rom it says some symlinks failed and error executing updater binary in zip
Last edited by Rye Cribby Tree; 19th August 2014 at 06:20 AM.
19th August 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag Irvine, CA
Thanks Meter: 138

910 posts
Donate to Me
More
are you using a GPE phone if you are the partitions are a bit different and you have to go through the process of converting your phone.
19th August 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syaoran68

are you using a GPE phone if you are the partitions are a bit different and you have to go through the process of converting your phone.

It is from ATT, it had sense stock but I accidentally formatted the entire phone now my hboot screen looks different. it is black with a droid in the middle instead of white with the droids on skateboards. and the splash screen has a small black unlocked lock at the bottom instead of the normal htc splash.
19th August 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,042

6,878 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye Cribby Tree

It is from ATT, it had sense stock but I accidentally formatted the entire phone now my hboot screen looks different. it is black with a droid in the middle instead of white with the droids on skateboards. and the splash screen has a small black unlocked lock at the bottom instead of the normal htc splash.

What did you do to "format" it?
20th August 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

What did you do to "format" it?

I ticked all the boxes in twrp and deleted everything.
20th August 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 950

3,639 posts
I think you installed a GPE firmware, you'll need to find a rolled up (rather than an OTA) Sense firmware for your device. I take it you're S-Off?
20th August 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

I think you installed a GPE firmware, you'll need to find a rolled up (rather than an OTA) Sense firmware for your device. I take it you're S-Off?

Nah, firewater doesn't work for me unfortunately.
20th August 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #8  

3,639 posts
Quote:

Quote:

Nah, firewater doesn't work for me unfortunately.

I don't know what's going on. Unless I'm mistaken, that sounds like the GPE boot screen, which you could only flash if you're S-Off.
20th August 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

I don't know what's going on. Unless I'm mistaken, that sounds like the GPE boot screen, which you could only flash if you're S-Off.

I can flash GPE roms fine.
20th August 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #10  

3,639 posts
Quote:

I can flash GPE roms fine.

My point is that as far as I know, the splash screen is in the firmware. You would need to be S-Off to flash that firmware. Anyway, I can't help.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in One (M8) Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank