Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,418 Members 46,285 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One E8(M8Sw) dual SIM from China Unicom

Tip us?

gokicar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One E8(M8Sw) dual SIM from China Unicom

The phone that i have is (should be the HTC One E8) but on the specs it says: HTC M8Sw. It is a dual SIM. It runs on Android 4.4.2. HTC sense version 6.0.

It is from China Unicom, so the google services are not allowed. I tryed to root it. I unlocked the bootloader and i used the One M8 all in one kit from Jasoon. I flashed the TWRP 2.7.0.2 and when i tryed to root it, it didn't work. It is stucked on fastboot mode. I suppose that TWRP was not the godd one. Does any one have suggesion what to do? The phone is no bricked, but i can no go ahead.

ramshidjafar
Old
(Last edited by ramshidjafar; 3rd September 2014 at 08:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokicar View Post
The phone that i have is (should be the HTC One E8) but on the specs it says: HTC M8Sw. It is a dual SIM. It runs on Android 4.4.2. HTC sense version 6.0.

It is from China Unicom, so the google services are not allowed. I tryed to root it. I unlocked the bootloader and i used the One M8 all in one kit from Jasoon. I flashed the TWRP 2.7.0.2 and when i tryed to root it, it didn't work. It is stucked on fastboot mode. I suppose that TWRP was not the godd one. Does any one have suggesion what to do? The phone is no bricked, but i can no go ahead.
I doubt that M8 tools will work over E8 both are technically different device.
Have you tried to do a RUU flashing? I think flashing with official RUU might help to fix your problem.
Quote:
Unicom M8Sw official RUU

0PAJIMG_M8_ACE_DUGL_K44_SENSE60_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.17. 1402.3_
Radio_1.18.30306251.05G_30.57.306251.00_release_38 1279_combined_signed_2_4.zip

download

Links: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1ntoLtfr
Password: mtph

Just verify model before flashing:

Between have you unlocked your bootloader? and made S-OFF?

gokicar
Old
(Last edited by gokicar; 4th September 2014 at 11:57 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramshidjafar View Post
I doubt that M8 tools will work over E8 both are technically different device.
Have you tried to do a RUU flashing? I think flashing with official RUU might help to fix your problem.

Between have you unlocked your bootloader? and made S-OFF?
The bootloader is unlocked, and still have S-ON. I am stucked on fastboot mode. Comparing with the pic you sent, mien says : TAMPERED
UNLOCKED THe CIN is the same. The only difference is the OS which in my case is 1.18.1402.1
Does anyone know how to get rid of that TAMPERED thing?

ramshidjafar
Old
(Last edited by ramshidjafar; 5th September 2014 at 04:45 AM.) Reason: Simplified
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
The bootloader is unlocked, and still have S-ON. I am stucked on fastboot mode. Comparing with the pic you sent, mien says : TAMPERED
UNLOCKED THe CIN is the same. The only difference is the OS which in my case is 1.18.1402.1
Does anyone know how to get rid of that TAMPERED thing?

Tampered is not at all a problem unless if you are going for a warranty claim, it is caused due to your bootloader unlocking and Recovery flashing it all common. Well, do you have a Micro SD? if so,

>>>> Download and copy the RUU (Link already provided) to your MicroSD, also rename the copied RUU to 0PAJIMG (I believe the original name is "0PAJIMG_M8_ACE_DUGL_K44_SENSE60_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.17 . 1402.3_
Radio_1.18.30306251.05G_30.57.306251.00_release_38 1279_combined_signed_2_4" rename to "0PAJIMG")

>>>> After inserting the Micro SD boot to bootloader mode, I hope it automatically loads the file and initiate the process. This is safe and TAMPERED OR S-ON is not a problem here.

Try this and tell me atleast you can get into your system. The first boot after installation mostly take time, have patience.
>>> HTC M8 - 16GB - 2.3GHz
-UNLOCKED - ROOTED - S-ON -- Android Revolution HD 11.1
The Following User Says Thank You to ramshidjafar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gokicar
Old
(Last edited by gokicar; 5th September 2014 at 05:20 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Tampered is not at all a problem unless if you are going for a warranty claim, it is caused due to your bootloader unlocking and Recovery flashing it all common. Well, do you have a Micro SD? if so,

>>>> Download and copy the RUU (Link already provided) to your MicroSD, also rename the copied RUU to 0PAJIMG (I believe the original name is "0PAJIMG_M8_ACE_DUGL_K44_SENSE60_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.17 . 1402.3_
Radio_1.18.30306251.05G_30.57.306251.00_release_38 1279_combined_signed_2_4" rename to "0PAJIMG")

>>>> After inserting the Micro SD boot to bootloader mode, I hope it automatically loads the file and initiate the process. This is safe and TAMPERED OR S-ON is not a problem here.

Try this and tell me atleast you can get into your system. The first boot after installation mostly take time, have patience.
I am not planing to claim warranty. I just wanted to root the phone in order to get rid of the Chinese staff ASAP and install the Google apps. I will get a micro SD and do as you suggest. But i am not sure whether that RUU is good for the phone. It says M8 ACE, referring to single SIM, and mine is a dual SIM. I don't know. Once i do that I will let you know.

ramshidjafar
Old
(Last edited by ramshidjafar; 5th September 2014 at 05:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I am not planing to claim warranty. I just wanted to root the phone in order to get rid of the Chinese staff ASAP and install the Google apps. I will get a micro SD and do as you suggest. But i am not sure whether that RUU is good for the phone. It says M8 ACE, referring to single SIM, and mine is a dual SIM. I don't know. Once i do that I will let you know.
Of cause it is dual SIM "0PAJIMG_M8_ACE_DUGL_K44" stands for Dual SIM variant, it is product RUU name not the model name that we people usually call. I think the "DUGL" makes it Dual SIM variant.

Better than trying the RUU link that I provided see below,
  • Try this ROM (It may remove Chinese apps, provide root, etc)
  • USE THIS RECOVERY (Optional but 100% E8 Dual SIM Compatible Recovery)

• Installation is same as I said above, all is good only when you get a MicroSD

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/one-e8/development/rom-vnonem8sw-t2838147

gokicar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Additionally, can you explain me why i should go back to original RUU? The phone is not bricked, it works, i can access all the things it came with.I am sorry for asking stupid questions, but i want to understand. Wouldn't it be enough if i re lock the boot loader and install some custom RUU?

ramshidjafar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Additionally, can you explain me why i should go back to original RUU? The phone is not bricked, it works, i can access all the things it came with.I am sorry for asking stupid questions, but i want to understand. Wouldn't it be enough if i re lock the boot loader and install some custom RUU?
See my previous post, you don't need to put the original RUU anymore, my bad I thought you cant use your phone so that starting from beginning is a good start, anyway forget it.

Have a look @ my previous post it is much simpler, download all parts of the RUU and extract to get "0PAJIMG.zip" copy to MicroSD and boot to Bootloader and all good.

After installation you get rid of Chinese apps and You will have root too!
>>> HTC M8 - 16GB - 2.3GHz
-UNLOCKED - ROOTED - S-ON -- Android Revolution HD 11.1

gokicar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
See my previous post, you don't need to put the original RUU anymore, my bad I thought you cant use your phone so that starting from beginning is a good start, anyway forget it.

Have a look @ my previous post it is much simpler, download all parts of the RUU and extract to get "0PAJIMG.zip" copy to MicroSD and boot to Bootloader and all good.

After installation you get rid of Chinese apps and You will have root too!
I'll try to do that and i will let you know. Thx once again.

gokicar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I'll try to do that and i will let you know. Thx once again.
So, i download the ROM and Recovery into my PC. I copy the files into Micro SD and rename just the RUU file to 0PAJIMG.zip. Then i insert the Micro SD and boot into bootloader, right? Once i am there, should i move the volume keys to reboot or? Please lead me thoroughly, cause i wouldn't like to be stucked somewhere. Thx