Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,344 Members 53,866 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S-OFF on GPe 4.4.4?

Tip us?

duck96
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S-OFF on GPe 4.4.4?

I have converted to GPe (RUU flash) awhile back and used firewater to get S-OFF, but once I switched over I relocked the boot loader and used "fastboot OEM writesecureflag 3" to get S-ON........ How may I get S-OFF again...? I want Sense 6 RUU back on...and to get the Extreme Power Save mode in the update -.- I heard Sunshine only works on Sense ROMs, and Firewater doesn't seem to work?

uronfire
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Try asking beaups on sunshine irc. He will be able to help you with that
The Following User Says Thank You to uronfire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

duck96
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It says it only supports Sense Roms but hopefully everyone else using GPe whether converted RUU or bought GPe edition....I can confirm Sunshine works fully on GPe Android 4.4.4 Now I'm S-OFF, unlocked boot loader and SIM unlocked...running ViperRom 1.8.0... Sense 6 obviously..!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Jephreyz
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck96 View Post
I have converted to GPe (RUU flash) awhile back and used firewater to get S-OFF, but once I switched over I relocked the boot loader and used "fastboot OEM writesecureflag 3" to get S-ON........ How may I get S-OFF again...? I want Sense 6 RUU back on...and to get the Extreme Power Save mode in the update -.- I heard Sunshine only works on Sense ROMs, and Firewater doesn't seem to work?
You were able to get the bootloader relocked and S-ON without bricking the device? Could you still receive OTA updates through Google with S-ON?