Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Turning S-ON and removing the tampered banner?

OP ATechi

27th August 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi Everyone.

I'm having some difficulty returning security to on and also having the tampered banner removed. I'm hoping to send my phone back to warranty.

I've used this guide to get me through it but it left me with S-OFF http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2751011

I've then tried this guide to get me back to stock with S-ON but it retriggered the tampered flag after I turned it off: http://theunlockr.com/2014/06/08/how...-one-m8-video/

Does anyone know if there is a way to enable security to on without triggering the tampered flag? Or if I'm doing something wrong with these steps.

Thanks for all your help in advance.
27th August 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #2  
Levittown, PA
Thanks Meter: 65

493 posts
More
Find the appropriate RUU (If your carrier released it) and run it, it will remove the "tampered". FYI, next time dont worry about S-off so much. With S-off you could of put back on the stock recovery and relocked the bootloader and just sent it back w/ S-off, some 1% of devices mistakenly leave the factory w/ s-off.
27th August 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,360

7,739 posts
HTC already has a record of you (based on your IMEI) unlocking the bootloader via HTCDev.com. You're going through a lot of effort to try to hide what HTC will already knows (that you modded the phone).
27th August 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #4  
Flag Nysa
Thanks Meter: 101

224 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

HTC already has a record of you (based on your IMEI) unlocking the bootloader via HTCDev.com. You're going through a lot of effort to try to hide what HTC will already knows (that you modded the phone).

Htc know that just u take unlock code from them but they don't know if u use that code to unlock or not. U can just take that code and keeping for future so even if u have that code this doesn't mind u already unlock ur device. So if ur s off is always better to s on ur device for sending for repair
That just mine opinion 😊
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread