Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Did some searches, spent more than four hours looking..

OP Valkalkas

1st September 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Hello,

My adb devices is not showing my device.

I'm pretty sure I forgot to activate developer mode and turn on USB debugging. I can not flash any room and I'm stuck in a boot loop or just using TWRP. I'm completely lost in a way to get beyond this. I've been searching XDA for 4.5 hours straight and it seems some people have 80% of my problem but not 100%. I decided initially to follow a Youtube video that didn't mention anything about USB debugging so I'm wondering if that's the main issue in all of this. I've tried going back to stock RUU, through Hasoon2000's allinone but I keep getting failures. Just at a loss and would appreciate any help. I'm trying to go to the Skydragon Rom, but I'm willing to go back to stock to work my way back up. I've initially rooted this type of phone before, but I didn't follow the same method as last time(which was Hasoon's) as I thought it would work the same, I used this Youtube video, youtube/watch?v=_yo4eoCfxmE. (sorry link is weird cause I can't post links yet, add a .com after youtube!) I do not have S-Off. I just wanna know what I can do to get back to Skydragon or at least back to stock before my girlfriend beats my ass for messing up her phone
Last edited by Valkalkas; 1st September 2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: more info
1st September 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 417

1,163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkalkas

Hello,

My adb devices is not showing my device.

I'm pretty sure I forgot to activate developer mode and turn on USB debugging. I can not flash any room and I'm stuck in a boot loop or just using TWRP. I'm completely lost in a way to get beyond this. I've been searching XDA for 4.5 hours straight and it seems some people have 80% of my problem but not 100%. I decided initially to follow a Youtube video that didn't mention anything about USB debugging so I'm wondering if that's the main issue in all of this. I've tried going back to stock RUU, through Hasoon2000's allinone but I keep getting failures. Just at a loss and would appreciate any help. I'm trying to go to the Skydragon Rom, but I'm willing to go back to stock to work my way back up. I've initially rooted this type of phone before, but I didn't follow the same method as last time(which was Hasoon's) as I thought it would work the same, I used this Youtube video, youtube/watch?v=_yo4eoCfxmE. (sorry link is weird cause I can't post links yet, add a .com after youtube!) I do not have S-Off. I just wanna know what I can do to get back to Skydragon or at least back to stock before my girlfriend beats my ass for messing up her phone

haha... Love

Now back to issue.

If you're in the bootloader you don't need USB Debugging enabled, you can still use the fastboot command regardless of USB debugging mode. Check
Code:
fastboot devices
not
Code:
adb devices

Make sure all the drivers are still fine on the PC, reinstall if you must.

On a side note, try not to use all-in-one toolkits as you really don't get to learn from using something like that. If you did it manually you'd already have a pretty good understanding on which command gets used in which instance i.e bootloader vs in-system.
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
I actually didn't use a all-in-one this time around but as soon as I unlocked boot loader and rooted I had issues installing the custom rom. I've used both phil z and twrp but it still gets stuck when I install the sky dragon, or viper for that matter to test and make sure it wasn't just a bad download. Earlier when I did fast boot devices it did show something but now it's just a blank space. I'm in bed now I would double check again to make sure but like I said it's been a few hours and now it's 4:38 am and I'm tired. I'll double check in the morning but I appreciate your response and I'll double check. Drivers should be good from last time but I will double check and make sure. Again thanks for responding!
1st September 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Alright, now after some rest I've checked the fastboot devices and it does show up.

Tried flashing to latest SkyDragon again and it just sits on the HTC screen before boot looping.

The device is S-On, unlocked and says tampered. I've tried flashing the boot.img in bootloader after flashing the rom but still no dice.
1st September 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 9,531

7,366 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Alright, now after some rest I've checked the fastboot devices and it does show up.

Tried flashing to latest SkyDragon again and it just sits on the HTC screen before boot looping.

The device is S-On, unlocked and says tampered. I've tried flashing the boot.img in bootloader after flashing the rom but still no dice.

Latest skydragon, ARHD, InsertCoin and many more are meant for hboot 3.18 and above. If you boot to bootloader and see your hboot is 3.16, these ROMs won't work properly for you.

So check your hboot no.
Next ... check your CID and MID
If possible the OS version no. on bootloader too

You may need to revert to your stock ROM ... then check any OTA for your device
The Following User Says Thank You to ckpv5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpv5

Latest skydragon, ARHD, InsertCoin and many more are meant for hboot 3.18 and above. If you boot to bootloader and see your hboot is 3.16, these ROMs won't work properly for you.

So check your hboot no.
Next ... check your CID and MID
If possible the OS version no. on bootloader too

You may need to revert to your stock ROM ... then check any OTA for your device

Alright yeah, my hboot is 3.16. Tried looking up ways to update the fastboot but all I've seen is requiring S-Off.

CID is CWS____001
MID is 0P6B12000
The OS is blank, just says OS- (blank space)

Gonna try flashing stock recovery again.
Last edited by Valkalkas; 1st September 2014 at 07:09 PM.
1st September 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 9,531

7,366 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Alright yeah, my hboot is 3.16. Tried looking up ways to update the fastboot but all I've seen is requiring S-Off.

CID is CWS____001
MID is 0P6B12000
The OS is blank, just says OS- (blank space)

Gonna try flashing stock recovery again.

Yours is At&T (if I'm not wrong as I'm not familiar with this Sprint, Verizon and AT&T)

And there are RUU for both 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 (hboot 3.16 and 3.18) ... it's best for you to head over AT&T forum for better guidance.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2757462
http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...4-4-3-t2860423
The Following User Says Thank You to ckpv5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpv5

Yours is At&T (if I'm not wrong as I'm not familiar with this Sprint, Verizon and AT&T)

And there are RUU for both 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 (hboot 3.16 and 3.18) ... it's best for you to head over AT&T forum for better guidance.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2757462
http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...4-4-3-t2860423

Alright, thank you for your help. I relocked and I tried the second link you posted, but the ruu messes up after I accept the EULA and just keeps popping up boxes. Downloading the RUU from the first link now and gonna try that. I just run the RUU in fastboot usb right?

Again thanks, I had no idea to check for hboot versions when rooting/flashing in the time I've rooted some devices so guess I'm learning something the hard way.

Edit: Same thing with the first link. I feel like I'm in the wrong place trying to run the RUU in fastboot usb?
Last edited by Valkalkas; 1st September 2014 at 08:10 PM.
1st September 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Alright, tried running the RUU's again on the black screen with the silver HTC letters as suggested by someone else and the program still acts up after the EULA.
1st September 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Alright, I was able to find a nandroid backup and restore it through there, so now I'm back in business. Thanks for the help!

The Following User Says Thank You to Valkalkas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread