Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 44,193 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Aux cable problem

Tip us?

domt91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Aux cable problem

Hello !

I have problems with my HTC ONE M8 playing music when I use it in my car via AUX cable.

Usually, the first time i plug it in the aux cable is recognized as a headphone and everything is working normally. However, usually the 2nd time I plug it in (or restart the car) it is recognized as a headphone with a microphone and the phone keeps changing the songs and sometimes even starting the google voice search. The problem is the same no matter which player i use.

Any help?

I appreciate it.

vapehooka
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My m8 Verizon worked fine with my aux cable for my car until yesterday's 4.4.3 update.. now the stock headphones work fine as well does a expensive aux cable but my cheap retractable cable that worked fine before isn't recognized.. it works on my old thunderbolt fine but also fails on my wife's m7 ... Try a different cable that's higher quality.. mine is a griffen brand that's working..

domt91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapehooka View Post
My m8 Verizon worked fine with my aux cable for my car until yesterday's 4.4.3 update.. now the stock headphones work fine as well does a expensive aux cable but my cheap retractable cable that worked fine before isn't recognized.. it works on my old thunderbolt fine but also fails on my wife's m7 ... Try a different cable that's higher quality.. mine is a griffen brand that's working..
yes, now when you mention it, as far as I can remember I think everything did work fine before the 4.4.3. update.

i will try with the better cable