Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Severe battery drain after flashing/rebooting?

OP blooflowers

27th July 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

41 posts
Hey guys, figured I'd see if anyone else has had this happen to them or if there's a fix or really. Is something wrong with my phone...

Flashed PA at about 85-90%. Left my phone alone for awhile and decided to flash DH's GPE. After flashing, running aroma installer and such, when I booted back up, I noticed my battery drained significantly. It drained all the way to about 45%. From at least 85% to 45% in one flash and reboot. Obviously this isn't normal. Is this common for these phones to have such a severe drop in battery? Is it a hardware issue or ROM issue?

I installed Xposed, ran GravityBox and changed some features that required a reboot. Rebooted and battery only dropped about 1%.

Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
27th July 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 328

1,458 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooflowers

Hey guys, figured I'd see if anyone else has had this happen to them or if there's a fix or really. Is something wrong with my phone...

Flashed PA at about 85-90%. Left my phone alone for awhile and decided to flash DH's GPE. After flashing, running aroma installer and such, when I booted back up, I noticed my battery drained significantly. It drained all the way to about 45%. From at least 85% to 45% in one flash and reboot. Obviously this isn't normal. Is this common for these phones to have such a severe drop in battery? Is it a hardware issue or ROM issue?

I installed Xposed, ran GravityBox and changed some features that required a reboot. Rebooted and battery only dropped about 1%.

Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

usually takes 3 or 4 charging cycles for you to get a true idea of battery consumption.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to what it was showing straight after you flashed....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread