SimUnlock

OP tonybuzz32000

30th August 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

75 posts
Hi all, I recently bought a new htc one m8 on vodafone ireland. I'm on a different provider so i bought an unlock code on line and it didn't work i got (incorrect password). I haven't registered the phone on any network as of yet (its brand new). My question is, Do i need to activate the phone on vodafone first, Then put in a working foreign sim to unlock with code i received from online provider?
30th August 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 19

87 posts
Generally speaking, no, you don't. If it came from them, then it's already locked to them by default. You just need to enter the proper unlock code with the new sim. Another option to consider is that pretty much all M8s can be made s-off now(albeit for a small fee for the app that does it). Once you're s-off, you can just sim unlock it yourself without the need to purchase any codes. That's what I did. The instructions are here in the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybuzz32000

Hi all, I recently bought a new htc one m8 on vodafone ireland. I'm on a different provider so i bought an unlock code on line and it didn't work i got (incorrect password). I haven't registered the phone on any network as of yet (its brand new). My question is, Do i need to activate the phone on vodafone first, Then put in a working foreign sim to unlock with code i received from online provider?

30th August 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

75 posts
Thanks, Thats what i thought. The provider i bought the unlock code from told me to activate the phone on vodafone, Then put in a foreign active sim and it should work. But i put the code in incorrect 4 times, twice cause i thought i put it in incorrect and another 2 times to record it(take pictures to get a refund for wrong code). Do you know how many times you can enter the incorrect code before blocking the phone?
30th August 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 19

87 posts
To be honest, I'm not really sure...I want to say about 5-10 depending on your device, but again, I'm not really sure.

Quote:

Thanks, Thats what i thought. The provider i bought the unlock code from told me to activate the phone on vodafone, Then put in a foreign active sim and it should work. But i put the code in incorrect 4 times, twice cause i thought i put it in incorrect and another 2 times to record it(take pictures to get a refund for wrong code). Do you know how many times you can enter the incorrect code before blocking the phone?

30th August 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

75 posts
I was going to s-off. I have everything downloaded. Its been a while since i flashed a htc. Just a recap, Unlock bootloader, Root, S-off, Supercid and Simunlock using s-off method? Thanks
Last edited by tonybuzz32000; 30th August 2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Edit
30th August 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #6  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 89

347 posts
More
Quote:

I was going to s-off. I have everything downloaded. Its been a while since i flashed a htc. Just a recap, Unlock bootloader, Root, S-off, Supercid and Simunlock using s-off method? Thanks

If you go with SunShine to S-Off you don't need to unlock using HTCDev, as the latest version of SunShine performs the unlock as well as the S-Off without HTC knowing and without loosing APPs in /data such as calculator and flashlight.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread