LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Soft brick now I can only flash nightly?

OP Rye Cribby Tree

8th July 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo237

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727831

Now this one is for the Verizon HTC, but maybe this will help you.

Ah, I can't s-off, thank you for the reply though I'm sure someone else with this problem will find this helpful.
8th July 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 5

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye Cribby Tree

Ah, I can't s-off, thank you for the reply though I'm sure someone else with this problem will find this helpful.

I'd still give the format option a try, I wasn't able to flash any roms except for the CM nightly as well, then I made it worse by trying to wipe the internal data which led to not being able to mount the internal partition, and couldn't even get into the bootloader until my phone battery died. I remember reading that the format would allow me to mount the internal storage. You may be able to fix the issues with a format and then try flashing a rom.
8th July 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #13  
Flag Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 87

174 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did you try converting your phone over to GPE? That's what it sounds like you tried to do. If so then that is why nothing is working because the partitions are layed out differently from a stock sense M8. You need to wipe everything and run whatever RUU is available for your device and pray to god it works because you are s-on... You seriously should have been s-off before doing all of this. Being s-on is really going to complicate things for you bro... That's also probably why you can't fastboot the kernel. Find a RUU for your phone and run it. Post back here if you get any "main version" errors cuz then some tricks will need to be done.. Feel free to PM me, maybe I can assist directly getting you back up and running...
13th July 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo237

I'd still give the format option a try, I wasn't able to flash any roms except for the CM nightly as well, then I made it worse by trying to wipe the internal data which led to not being able to mount the internal partition, and couldn't even get into the bootloader until my phone battery died. I remember reading that the format would allow me to mount the internal storage. You may be able to fix the issues with a format and then try flashing a rom.

Great news, your suggestion worked! I'm able to flash the sinless GPE 4.4.4 rom! No more nightly's for this guy.
Last edited by Rye Cribby Tree; 13th July 2014 at 11:07 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread