Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 51,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft Brick

Tip us?

Necron80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Soft Brick

Well after searching, reading, and trying a few different guides on how to fix the issue. I have spent the last 5 hours pulling my hair out and really didn't get anywhere.

I have a HTC M8 from sprint. I used the All-In-One to root and flash the custom recovery ( Clockwork Mod Sprint)
I left s-on and just wanted to try the stock rom out for a few days. After about a week it started and never ending reboot. It would boot up and load the OS like normal and after about 2 to 5 min it would reboot again. Tried clearing the cache and that resolved the issue for about a day. It then started same thing again. At this point i decided to try ardh. After reading thru arhd post and downloading I made a bone headed mistake of NOT running a backup. I used the "Clean to install a new rom" option and then went to install the rom from the external sd card. it got to about 70% and failed out. I re download and tried again and got the same results. I then tried Viper one, Redbulled, and a few others. No matter what rom i tried it would fail.

Now at this point I realized what a dumb move it was to not run a backup. Started searching here and the great interwebz for how to fix this.
I tried to sideload the roms and they tanked.

Does anyone have a few pointers or ideas on how to fix this.

pball52998
Old
Thanks Meter 105
I would say, see if you can find a rooted stock ROM. Place it in your backups folder. Try to restore it. I've been there, did that and it worked for me on a previous HTC.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Google Play Edition. S-OFF.
Main Phone:
Verizon HTC One M8
Liquid Smooth 4.4.4 Nightlies and GPE With L S-OFF
Main MP3 Player and WiFi Device
HTC OG Droid Incredible S-OFF: Cyanogenmod 11
Current Tablet
iPad First Gen. iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken with GreenPois0n

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Don't sideload. They usually fail. Just push. Load twrp. Don't do anything. adb push Rom.zip /sdcard/

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app