Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,572 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Startup speed

Tip us?

Bumpredd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Startup speed

I'm using All-In-One Toolbox to control what boots at startup but it still times it at 1:58. The only thing I can think of is that HTC Service Pack. However, that's just a wild guess. I'm using Nova Launcher and on Verizon. I have pretty much the same setup on a Note 3 with T-Mobile and that startup time is just under 1 minute. Any ideas? I'd hate to have to start disabling everything or worse, reset the phone since I don't know what's slowing it down.
Thank you

hlzocker
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpredd View Post
I'm using All-In-One Toolbox to control what boots at startup but it still times it at 1:58. The only thing I can think of is that HTC Service Pack. However, that's just a wild guess. I'm using Nova Launcher and on Verizon. I have pretty much the same setup on a Note 3 with T-Mobile and that startup time is just under 1 minute. Any ideas? I'd hate to have to start disabling everything or worse, reset the phone since I don't know what's slowing it down.
Thank you
1:58 is very long for this Phone. Did you made any changes to the system? Do you use Stock?

Bumpredd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
No, I'm using stock software.

Tej XFire
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpredd View Post
No, I'm using stock software.
Well, are you on 4.4.3 firmware ? I'm on 4.4.3 . I noticed a bit longer restart times. Whats your restart time ? Measure it with a stopwatch.

Bumpredd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I'm on 4.4.2. I'm using all in one Toolbox which puts up a notification showing the total startup time. My Note 3 is showing a startup time of half my M8.

Tej XFire
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Well, I calculated my restart time. It took (34+- 1) seconds, to restart. What's yours ?