MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Startup speed

21st August 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

25 posts
I'm using All-In-One Toolbox to control what boots at startup but it still times it at 1:58. The only thing I can think of is that HTC Service Pack. However, that's just a wild guess. I'm using Nova Launcher and on Verizon. I have pretty much the same setup on a Note 3 with T-Mobile and that startup time is just under 1 minute. Any ideas? I'd hate to have to start disabling everything or worse, reset the phone since I don't know what's slowing it down.
Thank you
22nd August 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpredd

I'm using All-In-One Toolbox to control what boots at startup but it still times it at 1:58. The only thing I can think of is that HTC Service Pack. However, that's just a wild guess. I'm using Nova Launcher and on Verizon. I have pretty much the same setup on a Note 3 with T-Mobile and that startup time is just under 1 minute. Any ideas? I'd hate to have to start disabling everything or worse, reset the phone since I don't know what's slowing it down.
Thank you

1:58 is very long for this Phone. Did you made any changes to the system? Do you use Stock?
22nd August 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
No, I'm using stock software.
23rd August 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

84 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpredd

No, I'm using stock software.

Well, are you on 4.4.3 firmware ? I'm on 4.4.3 . I noticed a bit longer restart times. Whats your restart time ? Measure it with a stopwatch.
23rd August 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
I'm on 4.4.2. I'm using all in one Toolbox which puts up a notification showing the total startup time. My Note 3 is showing a startup time of half my M8.
25th August 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

84 posts
Well, I calculated my restart time. It took (34+- 1) seconds, to restart. What's yours ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread