Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 39,451 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stock -> Google Edition ROM?

Tip us?
 
hattrickinc
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 141
Join Date: Mar 2007
Default [Q] Stock -> Google Edition ROM?

I have a rooted / unlocked M8 with the stock AT&T ROM and just want to get the Google version on it (IE: no damn bloatware)

Is there an easy way to do that? I keep reading very confusing / conflicting posts.
 
rbouza1
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 295
Join Date: May 2013
Location: midland

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrickinc View Post
I have a rooted / unlocked M8 with the stock AT&T ROM and just want to get the Google version on it (IE: no damn bloatware)

Is there an easy way to do that? I keep reading very confusing / conflicting posts.
just flash a gpe ROM first. there's a ruu to convert and a long road back to sense.( not that hard IMO ) but just try it out. there's a stock, and 2 very good modded ones.
 
hattrickinc
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 141
Join Date: Mar 2007
Which one do you like the best?
 
rbouza1
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 295
Join Date: May 2013
Location: midland

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrickinc View Post
Which one do you like the best?
I did the conversion. I use gravitybox and other stuff for mods. I like my phone to be original, but pretty much stock. can't really compare roms against forum rules.
 
Heisenberg420
Old
#5  
Heisenberg420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 419
Posts: 1,487
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbouza1 View Post
I did the conversion. I use gravitybox and other stuff for mods. I like my phone to be original, but pretty much stock. can't really compare roms against forum rules.
Is there any other benefit to doing a full gpe conversion other than receiving OTAs?
 
rbouza1
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 295
Join Date: May 2013
Location: midland

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg420 View Post
Is there any other benefit to doing a full gpe conversion other than receiving OTAs?
IMO , faster than sense, cleaner look. you will have matching firmware which reduces problems
 
jmcandrews83
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 66
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: houston
does anyone have stock gpe 4.4.4 without having to convert. thanks
 
Heisenberg420
Old
#8  
Heisenberg420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 419
Posts: 1,487
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcandrews83 View Post
does anyone have stock gpe 4.4.4 without having to convert. thanks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2706441

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more