4th September 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

36 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hn0n1

Hi Rlumby.
I was just wondering why you want to return to the stock recovery. Do you need to to send it back, so you need to return it back to it's original condition or do you want to keep it open for OTA's, etc...

Since you are S-Off and SuperCID, I don't see any reason why you couldn't flash another carriers firmware, or like BerndM14 said, maybe convert it to a Developer Edition or a GPE Edition.. It will wipe everything so if you do go down this road, make sure you back everything up first...

...John...

Would you happen to have a link for a developer edition i may be able to use?

Regards Richard.
4th September 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #22  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlumby

Would you happen to have a link for a developer edition i may be able to use?

Regards Richard.

They're are instructions and a link to everything needed on this site.. I double checked all the links and they are all working..

http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-t...dates-0156524/

...John...
The Following User Says Thank You to j0hn0n1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #23  

49 posts
Back on this. I'm a bit of a noob but have a general idea of things.

I was on 4.4.2 but recently rooted unlocked S-on. I then wanted to jump to 4.4.3 and ViperRom 2.5.0 so I looked everywhere for the CID which was the o2__001 took a while to find it well, I didn't I found a the same issue and a stock recovery he was told to try. I did that and went back to stock, OTA 4.4.3 Reflashed custom recovery and installed the new custom Rom. Days later 4.4.4 comes out along with viper 3.***

I want to go back to stock but same issue here. Can't seem to find the stock recovery. I've already downloaded the OTA 4.4.4 but obviously won't install due to custom recovery.
Anyone help with this? Could I extract the recovery.img from the OTA 4.4.4 an use that? Once I have gone back to recovery I'll upload it if there's not one here which I've missed.

Thanks in advance
5th November 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #24  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 472

1,257 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerico9

Back on this. I'm a bit of a noob but have a general idea of things.

I was on 4.4.2 but recently rooted unlocked S-on. I then wanted to jump to 4.4.3 and ViperRom 2.5.0 so I looked everywhere for the CID which was the o2__001 took a while to find it well, I didn't I found a the same issue and a stock recovery he was told to try. I did that and went back to stock, OTA 4.4.3 Reflashed custom recovery and installed the new custom Rom. Days later 4.4.4 comes out along with viper 3.***

I want to go back to stock but same issue here. Can't seem to find the stock recovery. I've already downloaded the OTA 4.4.4 but obviously won't install due to custom recovery.
Anyone help with this? Could I extract the recovery.img from the OTA 4.4.4 an use that? Once I have gone back to recovery I'll upload it if there's not one here which I've missed.

Thanks in advance

You can get stock ROM backups and stock recovery backups here.
5th November 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #25  

49 posts
I've looked through that and must of missed it. Never been good with numbers ha. Thanks for the reply. I'll try and figure it out myself best way to learn. Appreciate it

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

I don't know what I'm missing here. I done a backup as soon as I reflashed TWRP so it was a rooted stock Rom. I've gone back to that on firmware 2.22.206.6 I'm sure the CID was o2__001 or 002. All I know it was hard to find.
I've gone through that page over and over and I just don't know what I'm missing.

I tried to upgrade via a custom stock Rom ARHD 21.0 but because the jump from FW 2***** to 3***** I had issues with speed and no WiFi.

I have read through and I know the answer is there somewhere I just don't know what I'm I'm missing so any help even just to explain what it is I'm looking for and what it means because I must have the wrong idea of what things are

Thanks for your patience
5th November 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 416

1,162 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerico9

Just copy the OTA.zip that you downloaded onto your external sd card OR your computer. You'll find a recovery.img inside the firmware.zip folder(Inside OTA.zip).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread