[Q] Strange Behaviour: Stock Music Player forgets where in a song it was
I've been tracking a very annoying issue with HTC's stock Music App.
***Short Version***: The player "forgets" where in a song it has been and restarts the song from 0:00.
I realized it, because I listen to audiobooks a lot and it is a pain to search for the point where you've been all the time. Enough background: Here is how to reproduce it:
- Open the "Music" app, choose a new track, let it play for some seconds
- Shut down the screen with the power button (music still playing)
- Wake the screen with the power button and PAUSE the track
- Now wait for a certain amount of time. I have to wait [i]two[/i| minutes. My screen goes dark in the meantime (auto-sleep enabled)
- Wake the screen with the power button. 1st thing to realize: The Music widget is gone. Unlock the lockscreen --> Now the track is at 0:00 again.
- If this does not reproduce it (sometimes it seems to work fine): follow the above list but unlock the screen with a MotionLaunch leading to an App. From there go to Home and start Music from the homescreen.
Do you have this behaviour as well?
I have tried different versions of Viper ROM and ARHD - both react the same.
Do you think this could be a firmware issue? Or a bug in a new version of HTC's Music App?
I'm pretty sure this hasn't always been like that and I have recently updated to 2.22.401.4 with a FUU.