Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 53,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on boot while converting back to sense

Tip us?

the great heisenberg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Unhappy [Q] Stuck on boot while converting back to sense

while following the xda guide and youtube video listed here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733523

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCGj...b4KPQNHqEEq1L1

I was able to make it to the 9:00 mark on the video or the part in the xda post stating to type the command fastboot reboot-bootloader to boot back to a clean gpe rom to continue the process. What happens now is the google logo shows up without the padlock icon(locked?) and transitions to the boot animation but it never boots to the welcome screen.

I would not mind going to recovery but i can no longer do so. When choosing recovery through the bootloader menu it boots to black then 30 seconds later there is an icon that has a caution sign in the middle. The design style of the icon is HTC based.

I am doing this with a tmobile variant m8 using the super cid

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by the great heisenberg View Post
while following the xda guide and youtube video listed here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733523

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCGj...b4KPQNHqEEq1L1

I was able to make it to the 9:00 mark on the video or the part in the xda post stating to type the command fastboot reboot-bootloader to boot back to a clean gpe rom to continue the process. What happens now is the google logo shows up without the padlock icon(locked?) and transitions to the boot animation but it never boots to the welcome screen.

I would not mind going to recovery but i can no longer do so. When choosing recovery through the bootloader menu it boots to black then 30 seconds later there is an icon that has a caution sign in the middle. The design style of the icon is HTC based.

I am doing this with a tmobile variant m8 using the super cid
Somewhere you HAD to have missed something. Many people have gone to and from GPE with these conversions without any problems.

Did you flash the RUU file twice? Maybe retry again from the top.

If you flashed right then I don't think it should show the google logo but instead the stock HTC as you are now on WWE version and not google anymore, so you missed something somewhere.

What does the caution sign in recovery look like? Small phone with red triangle and upside exclamation mark? IF so then that would be the stoc recovery.

But as long as you can get into fastboot still then you can at least retry the guide.
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

the great heisenberg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14 View Post
Somewhere you HAD to have missed something. Many people have gone to and from GPE with these conversions without any problems.

Did you flash the RUU file twice? Maybe retry again from the top.

If you flashed right then I don't think it should show the google logo but instead the stock HTC as you are now on WWE version and not google anymore, so you missed something somewhere.

What does the caution sign in recovery look like? Small phone with red triangle and upside exclamation mark? IF so then that would be the stoc recovery.

But as long as you can get into fastboot still then you can at least retry the guide.
Thank you for the prompt reply. Thank goodness i kept a backup of my gpe. I used HTC One 2014 (M8) All-In-One Toolkit V2.0 yesterday and i was able to reinstall twrp which the led me to eventually restore my backup. It would not restore initially, but i found that twrp has its own built in file manger.

After navigating to the backup in the external sd i copied it to the root of the phone's internal storage under the TWRP folder. After that the backup was able to restore.

I'm posting this in case anyone else has problems like this in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to the great heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
adb, recovery, stock, stuck