Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Answered] HTC Advantage Screen Replacement for M8 - Do I need to return to stock?

OP relic120

12th July 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

154 posts
More
I am exchanging the phone with HTC (not AT&T) since I cracked my screen within the 6 months they offered the Free Screen Replacement. I have bootloader unlocked, rooted and custom ROM/Recovery. Question is, do I have to change anything for this or do they not care? I'm not really asking how to do it, just if I need to. Thanks
Last edited by relic120; 12th July 2014 at 02:43 AM.
12th July 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4,042

9,461 posts
Donate to Me
More
I doubt it; they are just replacing a broken screen, not exchanging your phone because of an operational issue.

plus, htc is the most dev friendly mfg of the majors out there, so I can't imagine they would care one bit
12th July 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #3  
Flag Zurich (Switzerland)
Thanks Meter: 30

343 posts
More
This is discussed here, with different people reporting different experiences:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2767547
The Following User Says Thank You to Black Antitoon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

154 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Antitoon

This is discussed here, with different people reporting different experiences:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2767547

Cool, so basically make sure to return it with Stock Rom/Kernel/Recovery and should be good. I still have S-On so I don't know if I can get rid of tampered flags with it. We'll see. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc advantage, restore to stock, screen replacement
Previous Thread Next Thread