Ask a question

No registration required

Trouble with recovery screen

OP rmustafa11

9th July 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
SO I have the Tmobile USA version of the htc one m8. Idk what I did but now my boot loader is relocked and every time I go to the recovery screen it shows me a red triangle. I flashed the stock recovery and after that, that's when it started to give me that issue. I used the all-in-one toolkit or whatever to do it. How do I fix this issue & get my phone to fully stock like how it came out the box with it being unrooted and what not?
9th July 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 48

302 posts
The red triangle IS stock recovery. Just press volume down then power to enter menu.
9th July 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,233

13,604 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

The red triangle IS stock recovery. Just press volume down then power to enter menu.

It's actually vol up and power to get into the stock menu
9th July 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 216

594 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmustafa11

SO I have the Tmobile USA version of the htc one m8. Idk what I did but now my boot loader is relocked and every time I go to the recovery screen it shows me a red triangle. I flashed the stock recovery and after that, that's when it started to give me that issue. I used the all-in-one toolkit or whatever to do it. How do I fix this issue & get my phone to fully stock like how it came out the box with it being unrooted and what not?

Please don't create new threads when you already have some going, you said phone was originally on gpe, so going to stock recovery will do nothing for you. This will confuse other people if you don't give the full story and you could be told to do something that could make things worse. Do not use a toolkit and just run the ruu.exe that I pm'd you about. This will get you back to stock. Flashing stock recovery does nothing for getting stock rom back. You need to have proper htc drivers installed, easiest way is to install htc sync. Boot boot loader, click fastboot and run the ruu.exe.
The Following User Says Thank You to an0ther For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread