FORUMS

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Trying to root device using AIO toolkit by Hasoon. SuperSU not getting pushed to SD.

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By remedemic, Junior Member on 29th June 2015, 01:16 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

I'm trying to use hasoon2000's AIO toolkit in order to root my HTC One M8 (T-Mobile). I am following the guide outlined in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2066390

I've flashed the recovery, all that I need to do now is click "Perm Root" to push supersu.zip onto my phone, and then use the recovery to install the zip. However, when I click perm root, i get the following message:

Quote:

failed to copy 'su/supersu.zip' to '/sdcard/supersu.zip' permission denied

After I go to the recovery, I see supersu.zip there, and I flash it using the recovery, but I don't think it is a full and proper installation because when I enter supersu from my phone, it is telling me that "binaries" are not installed. I am assuming this is because of the denied permissions. USB debugging is definitely on. Any advice?
 
 
29th June 2015, 03:39 AM |#2  
xunholyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1,455
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by remedemic

Hi,

I'm trying to use hasoon2000's AIO toolkit in order to root my HTC One M8 (T-Mobile). I am following the guide outlined in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2066390

I've flashed the recovery, all that I need to do now is click "Perm Root" to push supersu.zip onto my phone, and then use the recovery to install the zip. However, when I click perm root, i get the following message:



After I go to the recovery, I see supersu.zip there, and I flash it using the recovery, but I don't think it is a full and proper installation because when I enter supersu from my phone, it is telling me that "binaries" are not installed. I am assuming this is because of the denied permissions. USB debugging is definitely on. Any advice?

Does it also tell you to click a button to update the binaries? Do that.
Also, why are you using a toolkit? Rooting the M8 is super easy.
I always suggest to never use toolkits unless there is no other option to gain root. Usually for cheap third world devices like Micromax.

EDIT:
Here:
Go to this link, and download the "UPDATE SuperSU.zip" onto your phone.
Flash it in recovery.
Find it in your app drawer and open it.
Update the binaries.
You are now rooted.
Last edited by xunholyx; 29th June 2015 at 03:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2015, 10:33 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Roma
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunholyx

Does it also tell you to click a button to update the binaries? Do that.
Also, why are you using a toolkit? Rooting the M8 is super easy.
I always suggest to never use toolkits unless there is no other option to gain root. Usually for cheap third world devices like Micromax.
.

Hi Xunholyx,
I've got a similar issue when I try to root mu M8.
My phone is Unlooked and S-Off but when I try to send the command "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" I get the message "permission denied".
Can you help me?
ciao
fausto
30th June 2015, 03:15 PM |#4  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,094
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by remedemic

After I go to the recovery, I see supersu.zip there, and I flash it using the recovery, but I don't think it is a full and proper installation because when I enter supersu from my phone, it is telling me that "binaries" are not installed. I am assuming this is because of the denied permissions. USB debugging is definitely on. Any advice?

If you are running Lollipop, the SuperSU version that comes with the toolkit is quite obsolete, and won't work anyway.

Just download the current (2.46) version SuperSU and flash it like xunholyx says.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcasini

I've got a similar issue when I try to root mu M8.
My phone is Unlooked and S-Off but when I try to send the command "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" I get the message "permission denied".
Can you help me?

Confirm in bootloader, that is says UNLOCKED.

What hboot number, and what version TWRP are you trying to flash?
30th June 2015, 04:15 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Roma
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

If you are running Lollipop, the SuperSU version that comes with the toolkit is quite obsolete, and won't work anyway.

Just download the current (2.46) version SuperSU and flash it like xunholyx says.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------



Confirm in bootloader, that is says UNLOCKED.

What hboot number, and what version TWRP are you trying to flash?

Hi Redpoint,
yes, there is "*** UNLOCKED ***" at the top of the screen and the HBOOT number is: 3.19.0.000 and Twrp version is 2.8.7.0 just downloaded fromtwrp.me.
thanks again
ciao
30th June 2015, 04:40 PM |#6  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,094
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcasini

Hi Redpoint,
yes, there is "*** UNLOCKED ***" at the top of the screen and the HBOOT number is: 3.19.0.000 and Twrp version is 2.8.7.0 just downloaded fromtwrp.me.
thanks again
ciao

What happens if you type the command: fastboot devices

The response should be the phone ID; which corresponds to your serial number, I believe, so do NOT post it.
30th June 2015, 07:12 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Roma
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

What happens if you type the command: fastboot devices

The response should be the phone ID; which corresponds to your serial number, I believe, so do NOT post it.

I have not device id to post unfortunately...when I give the command fastboot devices I always get the message "Permission denied". Phone is connected via usb and is in "FASTBOOT USB" state...
I don't know what else I can do...
ciao

attached a snapshot of the menu that apperas when I hit "Recovery" from the boot menu... if can help...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	recovery.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	3385463  
Last edited by fcasini; 30th June 2015 at 08:49 PM. Reason: added info
1st July 2015, 06:59 PM |#8  
ashyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 757
 
More
Why are you trying to flash in recovery mode? You need to be in fastboot mode to flash via fastboot.
Have you got the proper fast boot drivers?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979
Last edited by ashyx; 1st July 2015 at 07:05 PM.
2nd July 2015, 08:30 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Roma
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Why are you trying to flash in recovery mode? You need to be in fastboot mode to flash via fastboot.
Have you got the proper fast boot drivers?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979

thank you ashyx, I will try to follow the guide in the link as soon as I will have the phone again.
Just today the camera is not working properly. It is impossible to take a picture because there is some problems with focus and the noise of its drive... 3 or 4 weeks to have it back!!!
thanks, news asap.
ciao
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes