Would The LG G4 Fare Well With The Snapdragon 808?

The LG G4 has a lot to prove, given that last year’s LG G3 was among the best … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Android One

Android One devices once again got a pretty stable release of Android 5.1. XDA Recognized … more

DexPatcher: Patch Android APKs Using Java

You’ve probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your … more

Is Cloud Storage Ready to Replace External Storage?

With more and more OEMs ditching SD cards on their flagships, cloud storage is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] TWRP Flashing ROM Failed when going back to Sense

8th July 2014, 10:29 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733523

I'm stuck on the last part when installing a new ROM, everytime I install it gives me an error saying FAILED. Any help?
9th July 2014, 05:48 AM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
I'm able to adb sideload but I still can't flash any ROMs.
9th July 2014, 06:02 AM |#3  
wtfsykhang's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePwnie

I'm able to adb sideload but I still can't flash any ROMs.

can you post a screenshot of the error you're getting
9th July 2014, 06:28 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfsykhang

can you post a screenshot of the error you're getting

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-09-00-11-50.png
Views:	68
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	2841440
9th July 2014, 07:27 AM |#5  
wtfsykhang's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePwnie

Attachment 2841440

might be a bad zip. have you tried re-downloading the rom and flashing?
9th July 2014, 10:57 AM |#6  
EddyOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,602
 
14,462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
What you have to do (which the guide doesn't cover IMO)

1. After flashing the 1.54.401.5 FW, you then have to boot into the stock recovery and do a factory reset to re-align the partitions
2. Then flash TWRP and once in TWRP, do a full factory reset of all partitions
3. Then use adb push to push the Sense ROM to the phone (adb push rom.zip /sdcard)
4. Flash the Sense ROM
5. Flash the 1.54.401.10 FW if the ROM is based on that build
6. Reboot

I do that if coming back from the GPe RUU conversion and it works fine
9th July 2014, 07:48 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

What you have to do (which the guide doesn't cover IMO)

1. After flashing the 1.54.401.5 FW, you then have to boot into the stock recovery and do a factory reset to re-align the partitions
2. Then flash TWRP and once in TWRP, do a full factory reset of all partitions
3. Then use adb push to push the Sense ROM to the phone (adb push rom.zip /sdcard)
4. Flash the Sense ROM
5. Flash the 1.54.401.10 FW if the ROM is based on that build
6. Reboot

I do that if coming back from the GPe RUU conversion and it works fine

Which steps should I start? I got stuck on step 4, which gave me the error. But I adb sideload Sinless ROM and it worked. However, I still can't flash new ROMs, only adb sideload
Last edited by ThePwnie; 9th July 2014 at 08:09 PM. Reason: wording

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes