Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,797 Members 51,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocked, Sunshine S-OFF, Flashed SUU GPE 4.4.4 changed CID to GOOG001, no LTE?

Tip us?

obliza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unlocked, Sunshine S-OFF, Flashed SUU GPE 4.4.4 changed CID to GOOG001, no LTE?

So I'm Australian on the Telstra network.

I followed this guide Youtube Guide Sakitech - How to Convert HTC One M8 to Google Play Edition w/ OTA Updates

It worked perfectly, except I do not seem to have any LTE Connection, no 2G, 3G either.

I am wondering if my phone is trying to connect to american LTE channels?

I don't really know much about LTE Connections. Can anyone help? Does changing your CID change how you connect to mobile networks?

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by obliza View Post
So I'm Australian on the Telstra network.

I followed this guide Youtube Guide Sakitech - How to Convert HTC One M8 to Google Play Edition w/ OTA Updates

It worked perfectly, except I do not seem to have any LTE Connection, no 2G, 3G either.

I am wondering if my phone is trying to connect to american LTE channels?

I don't really know much about LTE Connections. Can anyone help? Does changing your CID change how you connect to mobile networks?
Try flashing back your original radio image.

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Cid does nothing. Edit apn settings.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

obliza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14 View Post
Try flashing back your original radio image.
Took me a while to figure out what to do.

So I got the latest Telstra Radio Image (Whirlpool HTC One M8 custom rom thread), tried flashing it in SUU, no luck.

Then I realised I could just redo the entire GPE rom, I put the new radio.img in the GPE Rom zip file replacing their radio.img and it worked perfectly.

Sadly ofcourse reinstalling all my apps and such but at least everything is working smoothly now!.

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Took me a while to figure out what to do.

So I got the latest Telstra Radio Image (Whirlpool HTC One M8 custom rom thread), tried flashing it in SUU, no luck.

Then I realised I could just redo the entire GPE rom, I put the new radio.img in the GPE Rom zip file replacing their radio.img and it worked perfectly.

Sadly ofcourse reinstalling all my apps and such but at least everything is working smoothly now!.
You could have just booted into bootloader, open a command prompt when the device is connected and type in

Code:
fastboot flash radio radio.img

fastboot reboot
Done.

But glad that it's working now so...

obliza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14 View Post
You could have just booted into bootloader, open a command prompt when the device is connected and type in

Code:
fastboot flash radio radio.img

fastboot reboot
Done.

But glad that it's working now so...
I tried that but no luck, for some reason it came up as failed.

I never actually tried doing it twice though, does everything in SUU have to be pushed twice?

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
I tried that but no luck, for some reason it came up as failed.

I never actually tried doing it twice though, does everything in SUU have to be pushed twice?
Well that command is in normal bootloader not the RUU, I don't know why you tried to flash it in RUU mode.

But no I don't believe everything has to be flashed twice, not that I'm aware that is