Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,117 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocking HTC One M8

Tip us?

For the Love of Tech
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Unlocking HTC One M8

I'm trying to unlock my HTC One M8 from AT&T. I've already unlocked my Amazon Fire Phone and my Nokia Lumia 1020 and I'd like to unlock the HTC One M8 as well.

When I went to the unlock form, I typed in my IMEI number and it said that AT&T doesn't have my IMEI number registered. I triple checked to make sure I typed it right ad it still said the same thing. Any ideas?

Greatday1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by For the Love of Tech View Post
I'm trying to unlock my HTC One M8 from AT&T. I've already unlocked my Amazon Fire Phone and my Nokia Lumia 1020 and I'd like to unlock the HTC One M8 as well.

When I went to the unlock form, I typed in my IMEI number and it said that AT&T doesn't have my IMEI number registered. I triple checked to make sure I typed it right ad it still said the same thing. Any ideas?
ATT has changed their unlocking policies and I had no luck even with multiple attempts. In the end I decided my time was too valuable and I used this site (Less than $4) - unlockcode247 dot com

For the Love of Tech
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday1 View Post
ATT has changed their unlocking policies and I had no luck even with multiple attempts. In the end I decided my time was too valuable and I used this site (Less than $4) - unlockcode247 dot com
AT&T changed their unlocking policies to make it easier. All you have to do is fill out the form and they give you a code. I've done it three times over the last week. It's really easy. I don't know why you're plugging a site.

Greatday1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This was not intended to be a plug but after spending over a week getting my phone unlocked through AT&T including their website and not making any progress short of every rep telling me they won't do it any more I tried to find a cheap site on various threads on here. This was the only one I found to be reasonably priced. Just wanted to safe someone the time if they are in the same boat.

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,986
If the phone's IMEI associated with your account? If you bought it from another source, it wouldn't be and that is why the database won't locate the IMEI. Or even if you bought it from AT&T on your account, it just might not be provisioned properly on your account. I've seen lots of folks have luck with bringing the phone into an AT&T store and having the IMEI linked to your account, then the SIM unlock should work.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)

For the Love of Tech
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73 View Post
If the phone's IMEI associated with your account? If you bought it from another source, it wouldn't be and that is why the database won't locate the IMEI. Or even if you bought it from AT&T on your account, it just might not be provisioned properly on your account. I've seen lots of folks have luck with bringing the phone into an AT&T store and having the IMEI linked to your account, then the SIM unlock should work.
I don't think that's the case. I unlocked the Fire Phone and I got that from Amazon for full price. I even unlocked someone else's Fire phone that wasn't linked to my account in any way.

Jeremyramp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by For the Love of Tech View Post
I don't think that's the case. I unlocked the Fire Phone and I got that from Amazon for full price. I even unlocked someone else's Fire phone that wasn't linked to my account in any way.
Can you help me unlock mines? I also bought mines full price for the 64GB model.

For the Love of Tech
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyramp View Post
Can you help me unlock mines? I also bought mines full price for the 64GB model.
Sadly, I cannot. Several people contacted me after posting that and asked me to help them. I used three of the five that AT&T allows in a year. On the fourth they told me I surpassed my limit. I was more disappointed than anybody since they paid me $100 each!

If you know anybody who uses AT&T they can do it for you. It is very easy. Just find an AT&T user or even a former AT&T user and have them submit the form.

grim489
Old
Thanks Meter 29
If you're s-off this worked for me. I have T-Mobile variant though, not sure if it matters. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708567