Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unlocking HTC One M8

OP For the Love of Tech

10th August 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Westbury
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm trying to unlock my HTC One M8 from AT&T. I've already unlocked my Amazon Fire Phone and my Nokia Lumia 1020 and I'd like to unlock the HTC One M8 as well.

When I went to the unlock form, I typed in my IMEI number and it said that AT&T doesn't have my IMEI number registered. I triple checked to make sure I typed it right ad it still said the same thing. Any ideas?
11th August 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by For the Love of Tech

I'm trying to unlock my HTC One M8 from AT&T. I've already unlocked my Amazon Fire Phone and my Nokia Lumia 1020 and I'd like to unlock the HTC One M8 as well.

When I went to the unlock form, I typed in my IMEI number and it said that AT&T doesn't have my IMEI number registered. I triple checked to make sure I typed it right ad it still said the same thing. Any ideas?

ATT has changed their unlocking policies and I had no luck even with multiple attempts. In the end I decided my time was too valuable and I used this site (Less than $4) - unlockcode247 dot com
13th August 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Westbury

23 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday1

ATT has changed their unlocking policies and I had no luck even with multiple attempts. In the end I decided my time was too valuable and I used this site (Less than $4) - unlockcode247 dot com

AT&T changed their unlocking policies to make it easier. All you have to do is fill out the form and they give you a code. I've done it three times over the last week. It's really easy. I don't know why you're plugging a site.
13th August 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
This was not intended to be a plug but after spending over a week getting my phone unlocked through AT&T including their website and not making any progress short of every rep telling me they won't do it any more I tried to find a cheap site on various threads on here. This was the only one I found to be reasonably priced. Just wanted to safe someone the time if they are in the same boat.
13th August 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,359

7,739 posts
If the phone's IMEI associated with your account? If you bought it from another source, it wouldn't be and that is why the database won't locate the IMEI. Or even if you bought it from AT&T on your account, it just might not be provisioned properly on your account. I've seen lots of folks have luck with bringing the phone into an AT&T store and having the IMEI linked to your account, then the SIM unlock should work.
17th August 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Westbury

23 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

If the phone's IMEI associated with your account? If you bought it from another source, it wouldn't be and that is why the database won't locate the IMEI. Or even if you bought it from AT&T on your account, it just might not be provisioned properly on your account. I've seen lots of folks have luck with bringing the phone into an AT&T store and having the IMEI linked to your account, then the SIM unlock should work.

I don't think that's the case. I unlocked the Fire Phone and I got that from Amazon for full price. I even unlocked someone else's Fire phone that wasn't linked to my account in any way.
26th August 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by For the Love of Tech

I don't think that's the case. I unlocked the Fire Phone and I got that from Amazon for full price. I even unlocked someone else's Fire phone that wasn't linked to my account in any way.

Can you help me unlock mines? I also bought mines full price for the 64GB model.
28th August 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Westbury

23 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyramp

Can you help me unlock mines? I also bought mines full price for the 64GB model.

Sadly, I cannot. Several people contacted me after posting that and asked me to help them. I used three of the five that AT&T allows in a year. On the fourth they told me I surpassed my limit. I was more disappointed than anybody since they paid me $100 each!

If you know anybody who uses AT&T they can do it for you. It is very easy. Just find an AT&T user or even a former AT&T user and have them submit the form.
29th August 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 31

189 posts
If you're s-off this worked for me. I have T-Mobile variant though, not sure if it matters. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708567

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread