[Q] upgrading to 2.22 firmware on Three phone

OP f_padia

9th August 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45

667 posts
Firstly, I realise there have probably been a few of these threads so I apologise for opening another but I havent found the answers im looking for. What I'm trying to figure out is whether I can upgrade to the 2.22 firmware on my phone. It was purchased from three (in the UK) but I have rooted and flashed InsertCoin 3.0.5. As a result my firmware is currently 1.54.401.10 which isnt the three version which I believe would be .771 instead of .401. However, my mid is H3G__001 and cid is 06PB10000. What I'm confused about is that I have an unlocked firmware version (I think) but a branded mid. Does this mean I can flash new firmware or not?
From reading around I get the feeling that I might be able to upgrade if I have my mid in the android-info.txt file but I'm not sure whether I can just add this to the file for a firmware package I download
Although im a bit impatient to upgrade to the latest ROM i'm happy to hold out until a three firmware package is released but given i'm already on a custom ROM I wont receive the OTA so I dont know how that would work either. Can anyone help offer suggestions of what I need to do?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread