Adverts on HTC Apps?

Search This thread

badboy47

Nov 23, 2009
Has any of you noticed anything strange with HTC? I know HTC are really desperate for money right now but seriously? Its like they just want to lose all customers? First, they failed with m9 which lead to replacing the CEO. Since then HTC been pushing all their apps to playstore and butchering each app features down while adding ads. Hell, even the lockscreen now has ads. Look it every HTC app on playstore; its filled with negative comments. Plus HTC is now deleting any comments with 1 star; I tried to leave my comment 5 times with 5 different HTC apps and it was gone after 1 hour. I also noticed other users are telling same story with comments deletion. Btw, with the recent camera update filters are gone (for M8) and HTC is telling users to revert the camera app back to original if they want those feature. Really HTC? So much for innovation.

Here are some HTC apps that I noticed ads after recent updates:
- HTC ViewVideo
- HTC Settings
- Sense Home
- HTC Power
- HTC Internet
- HTC Lockscreen
- HTC Dot View

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunman84

Nov 11, 2011
Љубљана
I use AdAway, so no ads whatsoever . My Gallery still has filters ( Fx Editor ). But i heard that recent updates brought ads ads and more ads. They are making money by including ads, that is why many free games include ads, like Flappy Bird game.
What i know is, that my M8 is the last HTC phone i will ever own, i will only buy another HTC phone if they get their sh--t together.
Stupid company, they are so full of them self, and they will fall if they don't get better.:mad::mad: They are making the same mistakes over and over again, it's funny, :silly:even the monkey would learn eventually that it is making something wrong.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

llsantiago

May 4, 2013
No ads here too, but you are getting ads while using wifi or mobile? Because there is an possibility that the router is causing that.
Sorry about my english

Enviado de meu HTC One_M8 usando Tapatalk

badboy47

Nov 23, 2009
I usually minmin Guard which tells you if an app has an add. Now this app never notified any ads with HTC apps i mentioned in my post but with recent updates; I am seeing it in minmin Guard (AdMobGms, GmsDoubleClick, InMobi, Flurry, Facebook).

Last edited:
Reactions: Leon

Hai96

Mar 16, 2013
OnePlus 6
I am getting push notifications since a few days with blinkfeed articles... Does anybody know how to deactivate them?
1faa999dfdd8c28a5335c1c6e39c000c.jpg

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

shirreer

Mar 5, 2006
Just set BlinkFeed as your home screen and it'll be gone. You can switch to another page afterwards.

ALSO: THIS THREAD is a farce! There are no ads in any HTC app, except for BlinkFeed, which has a SWITCH OFF button in the settings. The lockscreen stuff is an impressive FEATURE that tells you about nearby restaurants around meal-times as well as popular attractions when you're close to them., which you can also turn off from BlinkFeed settings.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Has any of you noticed anything strange with HTC? I know HTC are really desperate for money right now but seriously? Its like they just want to lose all customers? First, they failed with m9 which lead to replacing the CEO. Since then HTC been pushing all their apps to playstore and butchering each app features down while adding ads. Hell, even the lockscreen now has ads. Look it every HTC app on playstore; its filled with negative comments. Plus HTC is now deleting any comments with 1 star; I tried to leave my comment 5 times with 5 different HTC apps and it was gone after 1 hour. I also noticed other users are telling same story with comments deletion. Btw, with the recent camera update filters are gone (for M8) and HTC is telling users to revert the camera app back to original if they want those feature. Really HTC? So much for innovation.

- HTC ViewVideo
- HTC Settings
- Sense Home
- HTC Power
- HTC Internet
- HTC Lockscreen
- HTC Dot View

Dear Mr. badboy47,

Kindly be advised that there no ads in any of the apps you enlisted above, except Sense Home, which you can turn off from the settings. As for the restaurant & attractions suggestions, these are immersive features that HTC has been providing since Sense 5 (2013). They can be switched on & off as you please.

Sense Home ads can be turned off as follows: starting from BlinkFeed, swipe right, tap on the 3-dots, then "manage ads", and put a check on the box that says "turn off interest-based off".

Lock screen restaurant suggestions can be turned off as follows: starting from BlinkFeed, swipe right, tap on the 3-dots, then on "notification on lockscreen", and remove the check mark from the "mealtime suggestion" item.

Sense Home restaurant suggestions can be removed as follows:
Add the "Sense Home" widget to your home screen. On the widget, tap where it says "home", tap on the 3-dots, select "personalize sense home", and check off both setting boxes.

Anyhow, I suspect you have recently installed an app that independently provides these other advertisements you complain of; i.e. in the settings app, video viewer, etc...

Please look into your recently installed apps to find the culprit, rather than regurgitating on misinformed innuendo, and in turn, perpetuating misinformation yourself.

I hope this helps....

Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- HTC ViewVideo
    - HTC Settings
    - Sense Home
    - HTC Power
    - HTC Internet
    - HTC Lockscreen
    - HTC Dot View
    I haven't seen any ads, or any signs that they should be there. Of course, I also run AdAway, and have most stuff firewalled off, but I would think that if there was an option to disable ads, I would at least see that.

[EDIT]
    Well, looks like you guys are right:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/542327-htc-ads.html

It appears to only be in Blinkfeed for now, though.
    I usually minmin Guard which tells you if an app has an add. Now this app never notified any ads with HTC apps i mentioned in my post but with recent updates; I am seeing it in minmin Guard (AdMobGms, GmsDoubleClick, InMobi, Flurry, Facebook).