FORUMS

Wifi Constantly Transmitting

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By hernanmcarg, Junior Member on 1st August 2014, 05:40 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello guys, well i have a bit of a strange problem, i have an unbranded HTC M8, i had it with 4.4.2 stock rom and everything was alright. I just upgraded to 4.4.3 (through OTA), after that, i did a wipe data/wipe cache from recovery to start from scratch, and now everytime i enable wifi the arrows beneath the wifi simbol stay lit all the time. Now i haven't installed any apps, i disabled facebook, google+ etc, i haven't even added an email account so there's nothing that could be using the network. I checked mobile data usage and there's nothing substantial there, so i really don't know what to try anymore. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Android OS shows increasing data usage. What's that exactly?!
Last edited by hernanmcarg; 1st August 2014 at 05:43 AM.

1st August 2014, 04:07 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Well, completely desperate, i started blocking apps from the app menu in the settings. Apparently, it kind of stopped when i freezed all the related sense processes (facebook, twitter, etc.) though i didn't have any accounts working, because i had just factory formated the phone. Still, it keeps transfering data (not as much) and it's the Android OS doing it. I also have to add this only happens through wifi, 3G data doesn't behave the same way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)