Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 44,193 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi Constantly Transmitting

Tip us?

hernanmcarg
Old
(Last edited by hernanmcarg; 1st August 2014 at 05:43 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wifi Constantly Transmitting

Hello guys, well i have a bit of a strange problem, i have an unbranded HTC M8, i had it with 4.4.2 stock rom and everything was alright. I just upgraded to 4.4.3 (through OTA), after that, i did a wipe data/wipe cache from recovery to start from scratch, and now everytime i enable wifi the arrows beneath the wifi simbol stay lit all the time. Now i haven't installed any apps, i disabled facebook, google+ etc, i haven't even added an email account so there's nothing that could be using the network. I checked mobile data usage and there's nothing substantial there, so i really don't know what to try anymore. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Android OS shows increasing data usage. What's that exactly?!

hernanmcarg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, completely desperate, i started blocking apps from the app menu in the settings. Apparently, it kind of stopped when i freezed all the related sense processes (facebook, twitter, etc.) though i didn't have any accounts working, because i had just factory formated the phone. Still, it keeps transfering data (not as much) and it's the Android OS doing it. I also have to add this only happens through wifi, 3G data doesn't behave the same way.