Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wind Mobile (Canada) Stock ROM

Tip us?

pacificnw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Wind Mobile (Canada) Stock ROM

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an HTC One M8 with Wind Mobile in Canada, and after unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRP I went a little too far and completely wiped everything from it, including the stock ROM without making a backup.
While it isn't a huge inconvenience as I know that at some point I would have tried a custom ROM or a GPE ROM, I have been completely unsuccessful in finding the stock ROM for this Wind Mobile version. I have checked over 10 different threads throughout this site, including the collection of stock backups thread, as well as a guide back to stock for Canadian M8s, but even on that thread the Wind Mobile ROM is missing and listed as "needed."

Has anyone been successful in finding a version of the Wind Mobile ROM? As far as I can tell, the CID is GLOBA001. Can anyone confirm that and provide any suggestions, ideas, or direction that I can pursue?

For the moment I have installed this ROM I found, and it seems to be working pretty well. The boot time is very slow, and after showing the HTC splash screen for a couple of minutes it only seems to advance after the screen times out. From what I understand by searching it might have something to do with the firmware version, but that's something I'm still wrapping my head around.

Cheers, and thanks in advance!

garbanzo44
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default windy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificnw View Post
Hi everyone,

Has anyone been successful in finding a version of the Wind Mobile ROM? As far as I can tell, the CID is GLOBA001. Can anyone confirm that and provide any suggestions, ideas, or direction that I can pursue?
yes, GLOBA001 is the correct CID for wind mobile (at least that's what my phone reads and i am with wind). unfortunately i don't think there are any ROMs nor nandroid backups floating around - at least i haven't found any yet.

would be nice!