[Q] Wind Mobile (Canada) Stock ROM

OP pacificnw

17th August 2014, 11:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an HTC One M8 with Wind Mobile in Canada, and after unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRP I went a little too far and completely wiped everything from it, including the stock ROM without making a backup.
While it isn't a huge inconvenience as I know that at some point I would have tried a custom ROM or a GPE ROM, I have been completely unsuccessful in finding the stock ROM for this Wind Mobile version. I have checked over 10 different threads throughout this site, including the collection of stock backups thread, as well as a guide back to stock for Canadian M8s, but even on that thread the Wind Mobile ROM is missing and listed as "needed."

Has anyone been successful in finding a version of the Wind Mobile ROM? As far as I can tell, the CID is GLOBA001. Can anyone confirm that and provide any suggestions, ideas, or direction that I can pursue?

For the moment I have installed this ROM I found, and it seems to be working pretty well. The boot time is very slow, and after showing the HTC splash screen for a couple of minutes it only seems to advance after the screen times out. From what I understand by searching it might have something to do with the firmware version, but that's something I'm still wrapping my head around.

Cheers, and thanks in advance!
17th August 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
windy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificnw

Hi everyone,

Has anyone been successful in finding a version of the Wind Mobile ROM? As far as I can tell, the CID is GLOBA001. Can anyone confirm that and provide any suggestions, ideas, or direction that I can pursue?

yes, GLOBA001 is the correct CID for wind mobile (at least that's what my phone reads and i am with wind). unfortunately i don't think there are any ROMs nor nandroid backups floating around - at least i haven't found any yet.

would be nice!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread