No registration required

WTF was that?

OP dany xe

3rd September 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39

154 posts
More
yesterday went to sleep with around 23% battery, turned wifi off, mobile data off, and when i woke up this morning, well, my phone was completely discharged, first time that happens to me, normally it would spend 2 or 3 % overnight, the other strange thing is that there were no wakelocks, but it seems that greenify drained my battery!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-03-09-02-02.png
Views:	112
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	2922799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-03-09-08-13.png
Views:	107
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	2922800  
3rd September 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,360

7,739 posts
It happens. Sometimes apps meant to increase battery life do the opposite.
4th September 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,862

13,363 posts
More
My guess is you greenified something you should not have and turning off WiFi and data made it go nuts.

First.... Check what your greenified apps are. If they aren't known battery hog apps, you probably shouldn't be greenifying them.

Second.... No need to turn off data or WiFi. WiFi on automatically firms off data, for starters.... And you should get good standby with WiFi on anyway.

See your graph.... As soon as you turned those off, your phone was held awake. Something really needed a connection, couldn't get it and kept your phone awake all night.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

And in my opinion...the Turn off WiFi when screen is off option is not battery friendly either. That cause your phone to have to connect every time you turn on the screen. It does more harm than good. My WiFi is on 24/7 and I get 0.5 or less standby drain per hour.

Also, Greenify is not a battery drainer normally. But greenifying the wrong apps can certainly be.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread