33.8 KB · Views: 668
  • 13288915_1787169428195797_56098316_n.jpg
    13288915_1787169428195797_56098316_n.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 667
Last edited:

burleanu

Jan 8, 2007
Cluj-Napoca
From your twrp recovery you can keep sensitive files. make a back-up an give only boot.emmc.win and system_image.emmc.win (boot is kernel and the other is system img). Of cource together with there md5 files. Data, cache and android-secure is having you personal info.
Rom can be booted with only those 2, I think. Of course probably together with correct firmware.zip,but this we have in the OTA.
If you put on some drive, give me also a link please.
Respect!

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
i have personal data in it. sensitive ones
Aren't those stored on userdata? System dump should only be /system and /boot. If you could even erase userdata prior to posting if I'm remembering correct.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Could you take a system dump and upload so I could use it for CM13.
Will try to pull one. My girl friend has the M8S. Maybe I'll get it working when she's back home at the middle of next week.

Can't make any promises though.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA Labs

ppaajjaa

Apr 24, 2006
My experience so far:

1. Some apps stack during installation. The installation dialog shows "Installing...", progress bar is moving, but it's endless. EDIT: restarting/erasing cache fixed it
2. Missing sounds. I had set Foxglove.flac file (see the picture). If I click the Alarm field, an empty list is shown.
3. Missing dark keyboard. Maybe not relevant remark: You can choose Material Dark background in ServerAuditor app. If you do, it stays white :(
4. I cannot boot TWRP anymore. It just reboots my phone.
Code:
	adb reboot bootloader
	fastboot boot twrp-2.8.7.0-m8s-qlul.img
5. It seems to me the phone gets heated more while using Firefox mobile.

Attachments

• no_sounds.jpg
    no_sounds.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 249
  • no_dark_keyboard.jpg
    no_dark_keyboard.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

Dogsonacid

May 29, 2016
I can't update for some reason. The update aborts in recovery with error7...The it keeps prompting the update once I restart the phone.

It's a H3G uk M8s,if anyone has an idea why would be great.

ppaajjaa

Apr 24, 2006
The error 7 means that 4 KiB of your system partition were changed. It could have been remounted as R/W. More on that here.
You should flash back the original system partition (perhaps only 4096 bytes is enough? [not tested]) and the error will go away.

Dogsonacid

May 29, 2016
Right but before I do that (I'm not even sure how to but I guess it's posted somewhere here) this is the error mgs I've got in recovery :

E:missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg
(Code -1)
E:missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg_yes
(Code -1)
E:missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg_no
(Code -1)
E:Find no match PARTITION: for package path @/cache/recovery/block.map
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
M601QCT.02.003.022
Verifying current system...
E:unknown command [set_err_msg_]
system partition has unexpected contents
E:Error in @/cache/revovery/block.map
(status 7)

Btw I haven't rooted or changed anything on the phone so I don't understand why is it doing this but nvm...

So I should flash the system partition?

Thanks so much for the help.

Feb 20, 2010
After instalatión, htc sense no worked and I had to restore system to default.

After this. It works fine. More rapid.

I am glad

ppaajjaa

Apr 24, 2006
Right but before I do that (I'm not even sure how to but I guess it's posted somewhere here) this is the error mgs I've got in recovery :

E:missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg
(Code -1)
E:missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg_yes
(Code -1)
E:missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg_no
(Code -1)
E:Find no match PARTITION: for package path @/cache/recovery/block.map
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
M601QCT.02.003.022
Verifying current system...
E:unknown command [set_err_msg_]
system partition has unexpected contents
E:Error in @/cache/revovery/block.map
(status 7)

Btw I haven't rooted or changed anything on the phone so I don't understand why is it doing this but nvm...

So I should flash the system partition?

Thanks so much for the help.

The error message means that 4 KiB of your system partition has different fingerprint from what M601QCT.02.003.022 update requires.

What's your CID and fingerprint? You can get them by connecting your phone to PC and running the following from command line:
Code:
adb shell "getprop ro.cid"
adb shell "getprop ro.build.fingerprint"

You can reflash by RUU or you need to unlock the bootloader and reflash System partition.

Dogsonacid

May 29, 2016
I've got these after running the commands:

H3G__001

htc/m8qlul_h3g_uk/htc_m8qlul:5.0.2/LRX22G/718283.3:user/release-key

The error message means that 4 KiB of your system partition has different fingerprint from what M601QCT.02.003.022 update requires.

What's your CID and fingerprint? You can get them by connecting your phone to PC and running the following from command line:
Code:

You can reflash by RUU or you need to unlock the bootloader and reflash System partition.

ppaajjaa

Apr 24, 2006
H3G__001

RUU for your phone is not present on ruu.lalleman.net.
Your need to find right RUU for your phone or wait for right OTA update for your phone made by H3G.
It is possible to change CID and flash whatever RUU. However, you need to be S-OFF and you loose customization of H3G ROM and warranty of course.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

@WildfireDEV, @El-Conkistador: Any idea why booting TWRP (twrp-2.8.7.0-m8s-qlul.img) restarts my phone and it doesn't boot it after upgrading to Android 6.0?
Code:
	adb reboot bootloader
	# => reboots phone, TWRP does not start

burleanu

Jan 8, 2007
Cluj-Napoca
Your need to find right RUU for your phone or wait for right OTA update for your phone made by H3G.
It is possible to change CID and flash whatever RUU. However, you need to be S-OFF and you loose customization of H3G ROM and warranty of course.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

@WildfireDEV, @El-Conkistador: Any idea why booting TWRP (twrp-2.8.7.0-m8s-qlul.img) restarts my phone and it doesn't boot it after upgrading to Android 6.0?
Code:
	adb reboot bootloader

You can try to see if the last recovery from @Captain_Throwback works on android 6.0.
https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs...back/One (M8S)/Recovery/twrp-3.0.2-0-m8ql.img (3.0.2.1 is not working)
This one works on 5.0, don't know if on 6 works.
Also maybe you need to use htc_fastboot instead of the fastboot.
To flash the img file for sure, don't know if just to boot tho.
Also locked or unlocked bootloader? I imagine locked if you could upgrade. Take care if you unlock it you will have to factory reset, is doing that when you unlock. Make at least a back-up on HTC servers if not other back-up
If you can boot it up please make a back-up of system and boot image and put it somewhere available.
Respect!

Hand Shandy

Apr 11, 2015

H3G__001

Code:
	adb reboot bootloader

I'm going to confess I haven't checked the CID on my phone, but I'm 99.99% certain that the above is going to be the RUU I'm on as well given my network is Three in the UK.

As there are no H3G RUUs anywhere I can find, and I didn't think there was any way to S-OFF this phone, we're basically stuffed for getting the Marshmallow update at the moment aren't we?

I have spoken to HTC about this issue and they told me to send the phone back to them, but I wanted to avoid that if I could...

ppaajjaa

Apr 24, 2006
You can try to see if the last recovery from @Captain_Throwback works on android 6.0.
https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs...back/One (M8S)/Recovery/twrp-3.0.2-0-m8ql.img (3.0.2.1 is not working)
This one works on 5.0, don't know if on 6 works.
Also maybe you need to use htc_fastboot instead of the fastboot.
To flash the img file for sure, don't know if just to boot tho.
Also locked or unlocked bootloader? I imagine locked if you could upgrade. Take care if you unlock it you will have to factory reset, is doing that when you unlock. Make at least a back-up on HTC servers if not other back-up
If you can boot it up please make a back-up of system and boot image and put it somewhere available.
Respect!

Unfortunatelly, the TWRP 3.0.2.0 does not work with Android M. It fetches the image, boots it, blackscreen for several seconds and restarts.
Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-m8ql.img
htc_fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-m8ql.img

burleanu

Jan 8, 2007
Cluj-Napoca
Maybe we have now same trouble like the ones from A9, together with the update to MM.
There they can't just boot the custom recovery. It need to be flashed.
Is still safe as long you don't mount your system "write enable".
If you keep it read only and do a back-up so you can always return to stock.
Stock recovery you find in the second update from HTC in the firmware.zip file, in case you want to go back.
If you can boot in recovery (twrp) please make a back-up of system and boot image and post, to be able also the other (that have problems to get back stock) to get MM touch. Put also your MID/CID to know for what phone it is.
Thanks!

Respect!

midix

May 19, 2011
Hmm, no update yet for me. I bought the phone unlocked, here's my current phone info:

Code:
HTC__001

htc/m8qlul_htc_europe/htc_m8qlul:5.0.2/LRX22G/555949.10:user/release-keys

vknH5df.png

What's the deal? Shouldn't unlocked phones be the first ones to receive the update, even before it gets pushed to providers for their customizations?

Or am I doing something wrong and HTC M8s needs something more to check for updates? I don't want to risk with unofficial RUU sources yet, but am eager to receive Android M6 sooner.