SLIMLP Unofficial

Search This thread

fizbanrapper

Jan 19, 2014
Anyone is free to compile any of the ROMs I work on, and post your links in my threads. In fact, if you have a dedicated folder to the M8 and ROM and provide the link, I'll add it to the second post in the thread so that it doesn't get lost.

None of these ROMs are "mine", so I don't feel right taking ownership of the ROMs. If you need help getting started with ROM compilation, just ask. Slim in particular is a ROM where there are a lot of custom builds with different cherry-picked features. You should take a look at the Slim builders collective thread sometime!

Please respect the GPL though, and provide a link to the kernel as well. Failure to comply with this part, will result in your post being reported and removed.

Keithn

Feb 24, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I've only had to toggle WiFi once to get it working. It's annoying when I can't duplicate a bug.

I just uploaded a new build using slimroms kernel source. No kexec hardboot patch on the 5/13 build. Please let me know if it's any better!

Are you using Slim's device trees as well? I think that might be where the problem is. Still has WiFi issues on the new build. Also when I ripped your kernel out of the previous zip and flashed it to CM12.1 it worked fine.

I also have no idea what was done to fix it in CM but looking there might be a start.

Last edited:
Reactions: PunkUnity

SiK TL

Dec 1, 2014
Are you using Slim's device trees as well? I think that might be where the problem is. Still has WiFi issues on the new build. Also when I ripped your kernel out of the previous zip and flashed it to CM12.1 it worked fine.

I also have no idea what was done to fix it in CM but looking there might be a start.

Although the WiFi is not smooth at toggling on/off. It does connect and stay connected after rebooting. Newest build is working good so far.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Anyone is free to compile any of the ROMs I work on, and post your links in my threads. In fact, if you have a dedicated folder to the M8 and ROM and provide the link, I'll add it to the second post in the thread so that it doesn't get lost.

None of these ROMs are "mine", so I don't feel right taking ownership of the ROMs. If you need help getting started with ROM compilation, just ask. Slim in particular is a ROM where there are a lot of custom builds with different cherry-picked features. You should take a look at the Slim builders collective thread sometime!

Please respect the GPL though, and provide a link to the kernel as well. Failure to comply with this part, will result in your post being reported and removed.

Just want to say thanks for these builds. I myself have no idea how to even go about compiling a ROM. I don't even know the terminoly lol. I know how to flash and some simple ADB commands. Im very noob at this. So thanks for taking your time and doing this.

wallythander

Feb 26, 2011
Wifi works for me, it didn't connect without toggling on/off on first setup. Otherwise everything is good, screen off gestures turn off, I saw someone say they weren't working earlier, but I turned them off. Though before I did that, double tap to wake was working for me.

jcole20

Jan 22, 2012
Augusta by way of Atlanta
OnePlus 11
Don't get me won't I have love for all the senior Roms out there. CM/AOKP/Liquid Smooth/Slim/PAC/PA etc... But with devices like the m8 having large enough system partitions to accommodate sense let alone aosp lollipop why are slim Roms still favored so heavily on so many flagship's. I think the slim team should continue doing what they do but I'm just curious as to why? Is there something unique I don't know about? Don't get me won't though I definitely have respect for these og builds.

HTC One (M8) MultiRom: PACman 5.1.1; SOKP 5.1.1; CyanogenMod 12.1.1 (Nightlys updated weekly); ViperOne M8 w/Hypernova Kernel

wallythander

Feb 26, 2011
I am getting high miscellaneous on the battery screen. That was a problem in other, older SlimLP alphas, I don't remember what they did to fix it.

indyssee

Oct 8, 2011
Newest build is running awesome. Only issue I'm having is with layers themes. Either the notifications are unreadable or the settings are all whack. Anybody know if a dark theme that doesn't have any issues or a way to fix that?

Again, thanks for building this.

ckvisme

Feb 9, 2015
Cameron, MO
T-Mobile REVVL V+ 5G
New build running nice for me so far...

Do you have a compatible kernel with the kexec hard boot patch posted any where... Or know of one?

I know of a few sense kernels but I don't know of many ATOP kernels with MultiRom support... ?

fizbanrapper

Jan 19, 2014
New build is super smooth for me. Thanks a million

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

Good to hear!

New build running nice for me so far...

Do you have a compatible kernel with the kexec hard boot patch posted any where... Or know of one?

I know of a few sense kernels but I don't know of many ATOP kernels with MultiRom support... ?

I'll try a build with candy's kernel soon, but I'm not sure how well that will work out. The last time I tried building from a kernel forked from CM, there were some bugs. A good chance that we'll have the same problems.

FBO others who might be reading, this works perfectly fine as a secondary in MultiROM. Just can't be used as primary.

Any ideas as to when the official release will come?

No clue. Unlike the other ROMs I build, I am not an official maintainer for slim.

SiK TL

Dec 1, 2014
Good to hear!

I'll try a build with candy's kernel soon, but I'm not sure how well that will work out. The last time I tried building from a kernel forked from CM, there were some bugs. A good chance that we'll have the same problems.

FBO others who might be reading, this works perfectly fine as a secondary in MultiROM. Just can't be used as primary.

No clue. Unlike the other ROMs I build, I am not an official maintainer for slim.

XenonHD has a very nice kernel too BTW. In running your SlimLP build and the XenonHD ROM. My 2 favorite right now. I prefer layers over the CM theme engine.

fizbanrapper

Jan 19, 2014
Reactions: yung40oz84

fizbanrapper

Jan 19, 2014
Silly question, but is slim even doing "official" builds any more like they used to? I can't seem to even find a site with current builds. There are commits that I'd like to push for audio, but I'm not part of the slim team and don't see any functioning mechanism to make that happen.

Anyway, I've successfully managed to build a ROM that is new to the M8 and am trying to get officially supported. Unfortunately they don't allow XDA threads, so the ROM will remain Nameless. If you want to find it, look in the usual places. If you follow my work, you'll know where that is.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts