FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[MOD]Maximum volume boost for Ext Speaker and Headphone - Update 22/06/2015

831 posts
Thanks Meter: 110

By ancola66, Senior Member on 16th June 2015, 05:29 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Maximum volume boost for Ext Speaker and Headphone

Sense7-Android 5.xx

This mod will make maximum volume boost for Ext Speaker and Headphone
No crackles when open at full volume
The sound it's loud and clear
Full Dynamic Range

This mod edit in both files : mixer_paths.xml and mixer_paths_auxpcm.xml >>> Set all (MX1, MX3, MX4, MX5, MX6 and MX7) to 90
Set both files : playback.eq and playback_l.eq to 1.1

I have tested on LeeDrOiD One M8 S7 V7.4.2 and InsertCoin M8 7.1.7 ( Android L and Sense7) and it's very good

OK Update 22/6/2015 :
I used MIUI rom for htc m8 and I was surprised by the sound of the speaker and the headset is very big.
I tried replacing mixer_paths.xml file from Miui rom to my Mod and the result is fantastic, sound very loud and clear
You can try to file : Max_volume_for _Speaker_and_Headphone_Sense7_Miui_Patch.zip

Download then flash via Recovery and enjoy
Last edited by ancola66; 22nd June 2015 at 10:28 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ancola66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

16th June 2015, 06:56 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Giving this a spin !
16th June 2015, 09:53 AM |#3  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Just flash..... Hurmm I can't hear different..
The Following User Says Thank You to iamaniff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2015, 04:01 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hanoi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamaniff

Just flash..... Hurmm I can't hear different..

This mod increases the maximum volume the ext speakerphone can meet. This is the phone's speaker not a big speaker . So if you do not see the difference, then perhaps you've installed other music player or your external speakers are poor
18th June 2015, 11:18 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,414

Donate to Me
More
I can hear a slight increase in volume output from Speakers, Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to krazie1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2015, 04:19 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hanoi

More
Update new version on post 1
22nd June 2015, 05:02 AM |#7  
Flag las pinas
Thanks Meter: 88

More
anyone wants to try for SD rom with H/K soundmod
27th June 2015, 09:03 AM |#8  
Flag Caloocan
Thanks Meter: 433

More
I'm on S.ROM-JW 1.0.1, and flashing the file on OP produces my speaker less louder than it was. I have to dirty flash my ROM to regain my original speaker sound. To the OP, much better if you use this instead:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=61211719

Apparently, you posted this on the other volume boost thread, but i don't know if this truly is your work because when i flashed this, i saw a different developer's name encrypted to the zip file, and it's not your name. Much better if you include the developers name, give him proper credit, from which the zip came from rather than claiming it's yours. Iirc, that's one form of kanging.
28th June 2015, 06:16 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hanoi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelo01

I'm on S.ROM-JW 1.0.1, and flashing the file on OP produces my speaker less louder than it was. I have to dirty flash my ROM to regain my original speaker sound. To the OP, much better if you use this instead:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=61211719

Apparently, you posted this on the other volume boost thread, but i don't know if this truly is your work because when i flashed this, i saw a different developer's name encrypted to the zip file, and it's not your name. Much better if you include the developers name, give him proper credit, from which the zip came from rather than claiming it's yours. Iirc, that's one form of kanging.

What you see there is information in the file update.zip (in updater-script file). Content edited in the new mixer_paths.xml and mixer_paths_auxpcm.xml, playback.eq and playback_l.eq file is important and that's my edit.
Last edited by ancola66; 28th June 2015 at 06:50 AM.
28th June 2015, 10:46 AM |#10  
Flag Caloocan
Thanks Meter: 433

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancola66

What you see there is information in the file update.zip (in updater-script file). Content edited in the new mixer_paths.xml and mixer_paths_auxpcm.xml, playback.eq and playback_l.eq file is important and that's my edit.

Point noted. But you haven't still quoted whom and where you get the zip file you edited.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread