[Not just a THEME] ChameleoN Unleashed! Theming framework for InsertCoin/LeeDrOiD M8

Search This thread

ineedone

Oct 18, 2012
Asten
ChameleoN Unleashed M8
Most advanced and customizable Theme! Create your own theme with just a few edits, make sure you read Post 1, 2 ! Only limit is your imagination!

3976dd46055e0dcb5c9a96d6360a763b.jpg

I proudly present: ChameleoN Reloaded
Chameleon reloaded is the heavily modified framework, that makes it possible to change the theme by just flashing one small file you can edit yourself with the instructions from post 2. Normally you would have to theme/edit every single apk included to get it themed. I now redirected all those edits to this one single file, so you be able to change the theme by just editing the Chameleon_colors.txt . You can now easily create your own theme with just a few steps, only limit is your imagination

What can he do for you?
ChameleoN Reloaded is fully customizable:
* Almost unlimited posibilities:
-Set color for almost every icon
- Personal accent color
- Background color
- Font colors
- Set color for statusbar icons, battery, widgets, weather icons and digits, quick settings icons, etc

c8c0de8cd3c3f56751cdb3cbc6a43690.jpg

* 15 additional theme colors,you can already pick on the fly from Settings/Personalize/Change accent color

a7f4aeab77c2bc3c78aac5f57ed15041.jpg

- Various mods in aroma installer:

* Material system icons
* Design options for dividers ,light, dark, glass or none and new switches by@mitchst2

96eecfc1856d7542a86af550678709a0.jpg

* Mods to remove iconnames on homescreen and/or appdrawer

532bb5cbe2e930431acecfd0fca977d4.jpg

* ChameleoN got it's own Cool Boot/Down animations in Black or White, make sure to select in installer!
And Splashscreen (only for S-off!) seperate download Soon

3rgXBR748Yw8aSLUek.gif
24b7ab8b58eba767f0a352a5993f1233.jpg

also @luxandroid made this nice video giving you a peak at how it could look like on your device

DOWNLOADS (always check latest posts if newer version, not always feel like updating OP)

Download: ChameleoN Unleashed_1.0.0_for_IC_M8

Download: ChameleoN Unleashed_1.0.0_for_LeeDrOiD_M8

Download: ChameleoN_Color_Changer_M8_V4 (updated)

Read Post 2 and 3 in my thread!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD DOWNLOADS

ChameleoN Reloaded

Download: ChameleoN Reloaded 3.1.2 for InsertCoin

Download: ChameleoN Reloaded 3.1.2 for LeeDrOiD

Download: ChameleoN_Color_Changer_M8_V3.2 (updated)

Download: ChameleoN Reloaded 1.1.0 InsertCoin M8

Download: ChameleoN Reloaded 1.0.0 LeeDrOiD

Changelog 1.0.0:
-Rebuild from scratch
-heavily modified about every HTC apk
- Glass buttons for adapting to "chameleon themes"
- Added option for Glass dividers
- InsertCoin-apps theme controlled by "chameleon themes"

-added various chameleon themes to post 3

Download: Dark ChameleoN 3.5.3 InsertCoiN InsertCoin 7.1.x SENSE7 Lollipop

Changelog 3.5.3:
-fixed IC-Market
-themed Storage(LMW)
-fixed "Share via" background Gallery/Camera
-updated Cloudex, Mail
-things

changelog 3.30:

-Updated to latest rev.
-Fixed dark fonts in settings
-Fixed fonts disabled objects
-Improved theming IC-Control, com.htc.resources

If you find anything still not themed, let me know!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download: Dark ChameleoN 2.2.0 InsertCoin 6.0.x SENSE6 Lollipop
If issues booting: wipe Dalvik/Cache, keep in mind, booting ART can take a long time

Changelog 2.2.0
-Fixed green/red highlight in Dialer, some replaced by themecolor :)
-Changed Android blue in framework to gray
-Added IC Center Clock mod to installer
-Added option for Material System Icons to installer, thanks @Wickii

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download: The Dark Chameleon 1.0.5 InsertCoin5.x.x Kitkat

Additional files for various carriers (you need to flash those to make the work for your carrier, if not international) kitkat only!
Verizon
Sprint
T-Mobile

For now I hope you will enjoy my new theme!
If you like my work, hit Thanks, rate my thread or buy me a beer!

Thanks also goes to:

@baadnewz, @mikrosmile, @V6-Maniac for the RockSolid InsertCoin ROM

@The Great Dane for testing

@fisha21, @Basil3, @fishl, @Mr Hofs, @ViNOK16Bit, @Raymond Ebertt, @Pneuma1985, @musicman625, @Punka-res.apk and all great themers, modders in in the Modding Sense 6 thread for sharing knowledge. Still learning ;)

Last edited:

ineedone

Oct 18, 2012
Asten
How to make your own ChameleoN theme:
ChameleoN Reloaded is now fully customizable, by making changes to the ChameleoN_Colors.txt

- Personal accent color
- Background colors
- All font colors
- Statusbar icons, battery, clock
- All Widgets, including weather icon and digits color
- (Optional) on screen navbar
- More

here's an image of the ChameleoN_Colors.txt:
b886208737679e6a0c6c5928656ccac2.jpg

Download the ChameleoN_Color_Changer_V3_M8 from OP

Find the ChameleoN_Colors.txt, make your edits and put it back in the zip. Flash it in recovery (only takes a minute) and you have your own personal theme. You can use any of the included themes in the original Theme AROMA installer as a template to create your own. You can find them in AROMA/Checkbox4 of the installer.

Here I got a nice image, explaining the most important colors you can edit in the ChameleoN_Colors.txt :D

fce75f5cfc069f18e6fecd2a3891cae1.jpg

Instructions for Version 1

How to make your own ChameleoN theme:
ChameleoN Reloaded is now fully customizable, with a maximum of only ten hex edits, your able to change:
- Personal accent color
- Background color
- All font colors

Download a hexeditor here: http://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD
Download this zip: OriginalThemeChanger

Download the OriginalThemeChanger.zip, or one of the other themes, find the resources.arsc within the zip, and open the resource.arsc file with a hexeditor.

If you don't know hexcolors have a look here: http://www.color-hex.com
In the hexeditor we use those somewhat backwards! remember!

1)do a search for this hexnumber: 6198ae (this is actually hexcolor ae9861, notice, it's somewhat written backwards), the first hit ( move to line 0023C380) will be where we start editing, this will be your personal accent color, you will be able to find later in system/personalize/change accent color, and also controls the color of your widgets! see screenshots:

838f18a68e9d5a52ad19bc5950eed11f.jpg

9ccadeca7ab20ec72ee045ea99848ab0.jpg

2)Also change all other hits for 6198ae ,there are 5 in lines:0023c470, 0023c5c0, 0023c7e0, 0023ca00, 0023cc20 , with your own hexcolor (written "backwards")
3)Now we move on to line 0023C530, here you find the background color, change it to your own ("backwards")
4) In line 0023C3E0 you find the primary font, and in line 0023C3F0 the secondary font (red in
default theme)
5) In line 0023C400 and 0023410 you'll find the primery and secondary font (yellow in default theme
6) line 0023C420 will be the font color used on buttons (purple in default theme)
7) line 0023C430, the font used for divider in menus (light blue in default theme)
8) line 0023C4E0 and 0023C4F0 are the font colors from disabled options
9) save your edited file, put it in the zip and flash from recovery
10)congrates, your fully themed :)

Last edited:

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Ok i flashed the theme on a fresh installation of InsertCoin 5.0.6 followed by the Verizon Fix & the themes all installed but Gallery constantly FC's

Last edited:
Reactions: ineedone

ineedone

Oct 18, 2012
Asten
Ok i flashed the theme on a fresh installation of InsertCoin 5.0.6 followed by the Verizon Fix & the themes all installed but Gallery constantly FC's
Hmm, gallery shouldn't fc, please uninstall all play store updates and see if still fc. Will include play store update in next version

Seems they released an update, right after my release, they are watching ?

Last edited:

PhillyFlyer

Jan 18, 2011
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Appreciate the work and the themes but it broke my gallery. I got it to work eventually but I cant set any wallpaper whatsoever from gallery without FCs.

Updated: and my HTC Weather will not find my location

Updated2: Ended up having to reflash/clean install ROM bc it broke my GPS for some reason.

Last edited:

ineedone

Oct 18, 2012
Asten
Appreciate the work and the themes but it broke my gallery. I got it to work eventually but I cant set any wallpaper whatsoever from gallery without FCs.

Updated: and my HTC Weather will not find my location

Updated2: Ended up having to reflash/clean install ROM bc it broke my GPS for some reason.
Don't know what the issue is with gallery, might have something to do with us carriers , as seems working fine on international...

Weather just needs some time it will work.

Users please report if gallery working or not and which carrier, thanks

Reactions: The Great Dane

ineedone

Oct 18, 2012
Asten
Gallery doesn't work for me. International, unlocked.
Okay, trying to figure out what's happening here, did you have an updated version from the market installed already? If so check in system/app and see if there still is com.HTC.album, if so please remove, dirtyflash Rom, flash theme on top straight away..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ChameleoN Unleashed M8
    Most advanced and customizable Theme! Create your own theme with just a few edits, make sure you read Post 1, 2 ! Only limit is your imagination!

3976dd46055e0dcb5c9a96d6360a763b.jpg

I proudly present: ChameleoN Reloaded
    Chameleon reloaded is the heavily modified framework, that makes it possible to change the theme by just flashing one small file you can edit yourself with the instructions from post 2. Normally you would have to theme/edit every single apk included to get it themed. I now redirected all those edits to this one single file, so you be able to change the theme by just editing the Chameleon_colors.txt . You can now easily create your own theme with just a few steps, only limit is your imagination

What can he do for you?
    ChameleoN Reloaded is fully customizable:
    * Almost unlimited posibilities:
    -Set color for almost every icon
    - Personal accent color
    - Background color
    - Font colors
    - Set color for statusbar icons, battery, widgets, weather icons and digits, quick settings icons, etc

c8c0de8cd3c3f56751cdb3cbc6a43690.jpg

* 15 additional theme colors,you can already pick on the fly from Settings/Personalize/Change accent color

a7f4aeab77c2bc3c78aac5f57ed15041.jpg

- Various mods in aroma installer:

* Material system icons
    * Design options for dividers ,light, dark, glass or none and new switches by@mitchst2

96eecfc1856d7542a86af550678709a0.jpg

* Mods to remove iconnames on homescreen and/or appdrawer

532bb5cbe2e930431acecfd0fca977d4.jpg

* ChameleoN got it's own Cool Boot/Down animations in Black or White, make sure to select in installer!
    And Splashscreen (only for S-off!) seperate download Soon

3rgXBR748Yw8aSLUek.gif
    24b7ab8b58eba767f0a352a5993f1233.jpg

also @luxandroid made this nice video giving you a peak at how it could look like on your device

DOWNLOADS (always check latest posts if newer version, not always feel like updating OP)

Download: ChameleoN Unleashed_1.0.0_for_IC_M8

Download: ChameleoN Unleashed_1.0.0_for_LeeDrOiD_M8

Download: ChameleoN_Color_Changer_M8_V4 (updated)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD DOWNLOADS

ChameleoN Reloaded

Download: ChameleoN Reloaded 3.1.2 for InsertCoin

Download: ChameleoN Reloaded 3.1.2 for LeeDrOiD

Download: ChameleoN_Color_Changer_M8_V3.2 (updated)

Download: ChameleoN Reloaded 1.1.0 InsertCoin M8

Download: ChameleoN Reloaded 1.0.0 LeeDrOiD

Changelog 1.0.0:
    -Rebuild from scratch
    - Glass buttons for adapting to "chameleon themes"

-added various chameleon themes to post 3

Download: Dark ChameleoN 3.5.3 InsertCoiN InsertCoin 7.1.x SENSE7 Lollipop

Changelog 3.5.3:
    -fixed IC-Market
    -themed Storage(LMW)
    -fixed "Share via" background Gallery/Camera
    -updated Cloudex, Mail
    -things

changelog 3.30:

-Updated to latest rev.
    -Fixed dark fonts in settings
    -Fixed fonts disabled objects
    -Improved theming IC-Control, com.htc.resources

If you find anything still not themed, let me know!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download: Dark ChameleoN 2.2.0 InsertCoin 6.0.x SENSE6 Lollipop
    If issues booting: wipe Dalvik/Cache, keep in mind, booting ART can take a long time

Changelog 2.2.0
    -Fixed green/red highlight in Dialer, some replaced by themecolor :)
    -Changed Android blue in framework to gray
    -Added IC Center Clock mod to installer
    -Added option for Material System Icons to installer, thanks @Wickii

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download: The Dark Chameleon 1.0.5 InsertCoin5.x.x Kitkat

Additional files for various carriers (you need to flash those to make the work for your carrier, if not international) kitkat only!
    Verizon
    Sprint
    T-Mobile

For now I hope you will enjoy my new theme!
    If you like my work, hit Thanks, rate my thread or buy me a beer!

Thanks also goes to:

@baadnewz, @mikrosmile, @V6-Maniac for the RockSolid InsertCoin ROM

@The Great Dane for testing

@fisha21, @Basil3, @fishl, @Mr Hofs, @ViNOK16Bit, @Raymond Ebertt, @Pneuma1985, @musicman625, @Punka-res.apk and all great themers, modders in in the Modding Sense 6 thread for sharing knowledge. Still learning ;)
    Okay guys, fasten your seatbelts... we're gonna take a ride!

ChameleoN Reloaded is finally here!

Read post 1, 2 and 3 as there is a lot of stuff changed! Theming will not be the same anymore! :D

Download: in OP of my thread.

Changelog 1.0.0:
    -Rebuild from scratch
    - Glass buttons for adapting to "chameleon theme"

Current available themes: Dark, FullBlack, Red, Blue, and the one that comes with installer :angel:
    - create your own themes, check post 2 of my thread :good:

If you like my work, hit thanks, rate my thread or buy me a beer!
    Okay guys, fasten your seatbelts... we're gonna take a ride, MASSIVE THEME UPDATE !

ChameleoN Reloaded LeeDrOiD it's finally here!

Must read post 1, 2 and 3 as there is a lot of stuff! Theming will not be the same anymore!, This is not your ordinary theme :D

Download: in OP of my thread.

Changelog 1.0.0:
    -Rebuild from scratch
    - Glass buttons for adapting to "chameleon theme"

Current available themes: Dark, FullBlack, Red, Blue, FullBlackRedFont and the one that comes with installer :angel:
    - create your own themes, check post 2 of my thread :good:

If you like my work, hit thanks, rate my thread or buy me a beer!

Thanks @clumsy1991 for testing and fixing battery in Material system icons on the side ;)
    Hi guys, got some good and some bad news. To start with the good, after a year of unemployment I got a new job! I will become a Java developer. It will start with a three month training *program starting Monday to learn Java from zero to ... The bad news, this will probably consume most of my time for the next few months, leaves me probably no time for Theming. Maybe If I find *some the time I will try to make an other update if MM is arrived at some point in time, so I won't abandon completely. I had great joy in it and I learned a lot. Hopefully I find as much joy and knowledge in this new work/project.
    Update: Dark ChameleoN 2.1.0

24b741d712e12afb65608a2e2bddf9a1.jpg

Changelog:
    -Updated to latest revision
    -Background / Font issues solved (Some notifications still have some dark fonts)
    -Fixed volume/progress slider colors for all themes (i hope, let me know)
    -Theme controlled contactpicture in dailer
    -Real weather icons
    -flashing full theme revert all other mods
    -Fixed font color issues on transparent weatherWidgets
    -Support for: International/ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon

Download: Dark ChameleoN 2.1.0

If you like my work, hit Thanks, rate my thread or get me a M9! :D