Dev edition so, what's different ?

10th August 2015, 10:35 PM |#262  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders_Never_Cease

As far as?

I still need the proper explanation: what differentiates the International and developer editions ?
Is there a twrp backup available, the matching firmware ?
10th August 2015, 11:05 PM |#263  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,016

Donate to Me
More
Not exactly sure what all the differences are between regions...but I base the ROM's off this base because thats the device I have...but as its a brightstar_us build,it may just be the us variant...i have not done a twrp backup,firmware should be available on here somewhere...if not I provide them...just have to find the ota and make a backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Wolf

I still need the proper explanation: what differentiates the International and developer editions ?
Is there a twrp backup available, the matching firmware ?

10th August 2015, 11:13 PM |#264  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Wolf

Dev edition so, what's different ?

I've run the International version and this Dev edition (which is my currently flashed ROM) and I'd say that (when combined with the US based firmware) that this (Dev edition) seems to run a little smoother than the international variant. You get the LTE status icon (I know it's psychological - but still a nice to have ), great battery life (WNC does a great job at making sure the ROM uses as little battery while performing optimally), and relatively clean ROM. Also - I don't know if it's a firmware thing or not - but the Wi-Fi seems to be a little stronger on this ROM than on the Int. one.

You won't be disappointed in flashing this ROM. I've been running it and helping WNC test it for a few months now and she's ROCK SOLID

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.allen78

I've run the International version and this Dev edition (which is my currently flashed ROM) and I'd say that (when combined with the US based firmware) that this (Dev edition) seems to run a little smoother than the international variant. You get the LTE status icon (I know it's psychological - but still a nice to have ), great battery life (WNC does a great job at making sure the ROM uses as little battery while performing optimally), and relatively clean ROM. Also - I don't know if it's a firmware thing or not - but the Wi-Fi seems to be a little stronger on this ROM than on the Int. one.

You won't be disappointed in flashing this ROM. I've been running it and helping WNC test it for a few months now and she's ROCK SOLID

Depending on which one WNC posts - Beats is included in one of the builds and the audio output is pretty darn decent without having to flash any tweaks/mods.
20th August 2015, 04:59 PM |#265  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,016

Donate to Me
More
Gonna hold off on release till we get the stagefright fix...less work
22nd August 2015, 08:56 AM |#266  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders_Never_Cease

Gonna hold off on release till we get the stagefright fix...less work

Hi, I'd be interested if you could provide the 1540 firmware as it seems to be a liitle better than the International one.

Thanx in advance!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
awesome battery, fast, stable
Previous Thread Next Thread