New OTA 3.02.651.8 update.. Any news?

Search This thread

enettrek

Mar 18, 2010
So I'm using my HTC One Max today and boom a update notification came through..
I came straight here to see information about it but have not seen anything.
Does anyone have a clue what they updated yet or is it to soon to tell? haha.

I really want to update to a new phone soon, but anything to make this phone's battery last longer is good news.

andrewjt19

You may not know but this forum is for development not a Q&A. There are some threads about this already in the General forum. There will not be an official update for the US variant most likely. If it happeneds it will be because it's ported.

TapPeD fRoM mY hAndHeLd cOmPuTEr

brettokok

Nov 21, 2008
Appleton
So I'm using my HTC One Max today and boom a update notification came through..
I came straight here to see information about it but have not seen anything.
Does anyone have a clue what they updated yet or is it to soon to tell? haha.

I really want to update to a new phone soon, but anything to make this phone's battery last longer is good news.

I have me and my brother on one max's with unlimited grandfathered. Stock 4.4.2, s-off, and rooted. Today we both get an ota pop up everytime we wake the phone up from sleeping. Annoying. Root explorer only shows the otapkg.zip to be 36mb so i doubt its a big update or anything. I have been working all day without any time to look at it and my bro has no clue what he is using, i just showed him how to turn his hotspot on. haha

Hopefully someone knows an easy way to get rid of this update. I sent a pm to someone else who had helped me with rooting stuff awhile ago when i first got the 2 max's used. (thanks for all your help before if you read this) He hasnt been using a max but recommended flashing stock recovery, flashing update, and redoing superuser and twrp. I cant tell my brother to do all that long distance... hes electronic disabled.... I'm hoping i can rename the update and get it to stop showing up and leave us alone. I think I had done something similar to this with the rezound ota annoyances.

Sorry to respond to this post while its in the wrong section... But I couldn't find anything related to this 07-31-2015 ota from verizon in the general. I do see alot of stuff about international lollipop dropping, but I think this is different.

enettrek

Mar 18, 2010
I knew this was for the Dev section but this affects those of us who are using stock rooted rom's with earlier updates that they received from this very section. So pardon me when I thought this was the place to bring it up.. Thanks for telling me we'd not get the US Variant... Personally I don't want to upgrade to Lollipop. Much prefer the current one. I'm with the previous replier, I'd rather stop the annoyance of the update notification. I haven't downloaded it but it's getting annoying having to see the update every 4 hours.

enettrek

Mar 18, 2010
You may not know but this forum is for development not a Q&A. There are some threads about this already in the General forum. There will not be an official update for the US variant most likely. If it happeneds it will be because it's ported.

TapPeD fRoM mY hAndHeLd cOmPuTEr

I just did a multi search engine (including the site search) through out the HTC one max forum for the ota update "3.02.651.8" and got no threads matching my search. The latest official version to be discussed is the 3.02.651.5 which is what I'm on already. If you would be so kind as to point me in the directions of said thread(s) I'd be grateful as I do not see them anywhere.

xhunter187

Dec 30, 2010
Victorville,CA
I just did a multi search engine (including the site search) through out the HTC one max forum for the ota update "3.02.651.8" and got no threads matching my search. The latest official version to be discussed is the 3.02.651.5 which is what I'm on already. If you would be so kind as to point me in the directions of said thread(s) I'd be grateful as I do not see them anywhere.

How does this look? http://androiding.how/sprint-htc-one-max-ota-update-3-02-651-8-rolling-out-but-it-isnt-lollipop/