Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 53,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Newest) VZW_RUU/KitKat/Sense6! S-off only! 3.09.605.2

Tip us?

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,001

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebb34 View Post
I'm running a 4.4.4 ROM is it safe to update or do I need to flash a 4.4.2 ROM or does it matter

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

I'm also on twrp 2.8 is that ok
If you run this from boot loader. You will end up stock rooted with stock recovery. Root will be intact so you can flash Twrp using flashify app
The Following User Says Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mwebb34
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
If you run this from boot loader. You will end up stock rooted with stock recovery. Root will be intact so you can flash Twrp using flashify app
And no matter what ROM I flash I'll be on the latest hboot/firm

dottat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,001

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
And no matter what ROM I flash I'll be on the latest hboot/firm
Yep.

mwebb34
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
Yep.
I'm thinking I'm gonna have to format my SD I thought it was already. When I put in in my card reader it says its fat32 by default. When I rebooted to bootloader it saying that there's no image. If I reformat I'm gonna have to figure out were I'm gonna put all of my pics and other files.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

@dottat I'll just send them to my email

dottat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,001

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm thinking I'm gonna have to format my SD I thought it was already. When I put in in my card reader it says its fat32 by default. When I rebooted to bootloader it saying that there's no image. If I reformat I'm gonna have to figure out were I'm gonna put all of my pics and other files.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

@dottat I'll just send them to my email
Copy em to your pc. If you are fat32 already make sure the name of the file is correct. Sometimes people end up with two .zip on the end.
The Following User Says Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mwebb34
Old
Thanks Meter 119
@dottat thanks for making what could be complicated rather simple. I'm now updated

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Is it ok to flash twrp 2.8 or do I need to stick with 2.7.1 for awhile, also what do I need to rename it to so I can flash with falsify? Would boot.img work

dottat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,001

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
@dottat thanks for making what could be complicated rather simple. I'm now updated

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Is it ok to flash twrp 2.8 or do I need to stick with 2.7.1 for awhile, also what do I need to rename it to so I can flash with falsify? Would boot.img work
Yes and yes.