Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,571 Members 54,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Low wifi signal - Hardware or Software.

Tip us?

Svolacius
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up Low wifi signal - Hardware or Software.

I am currently experiencing horribly low wifi reception. Sitting right next to the router the signal jumps from full to low randomly and it doesn't catch any wifi in spots where my other devices do. What do I do? Same happened in 4.3 and 4.4.2.

I already did factory reset, switched from Auto to 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, same happens (Well, no wifi with 5GHz band.). My router is okay, other devices catch the signal two floors down, while this can't keep it stable right next to it.

Screenshot of me sitting right next to the router.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-30-22-07-48.png
Views:	101
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	2825957  
Samsung Galaxy S
SlimBean
Semaphore Kernel
SOLD

Samsung Galaxy SIII
CyanogenMod 11
SOLD

HTC One Max
Stock untill I get bored

snapz54
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svolacius View Post
I am currently experiencing horribly low wifi reception. Sitting right next to the router the signal jumps from full to low randomly and it doesn't catch any wifi in spots where my other devices do. What do I do? Same happened in 4.3 and 4.4.2.

I already did factory reset, switched from Auto to 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, same happens (Well, no wifi with 5GHz band.). My router is okay, other devices catch the signal two floors down, while this can't keep it stable right next to it.

Screenshot of me sitting right next to the router.
I'm seeing the same problem. As much as I love the design, both the Wi-Fi and Cell reception are the worst I've ever had on a phone. HORRIBLE.
Unlocked...
Rooted...
& Flashed.

Thank you to the hard working devs, here in this community and in others like it.

Click to see my REVIEWS on gadgets for the Note 2 and more

marctronixx
Old
Thanks Meter 21
could be any number of issues. each persons environment is different.

i have a linksys wrt 1900 AC router and I use all 5ghz devices and the one max works wonderfully on the 5ghz spectrum.

could be an issue with your radio in the phone itself. im stock non rooted latest update.

Svolacius
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
The cell reply is great, I have nothing to say about it. However, I took it to the dealer and they'll change the wifi chip, we'll see how it'll go.
Samsung Galaxy S
SlimBean
Semaphore Kernel
SOLD

Samsung Galaxy SIII
CyanogenMod 11
SOLD

HTC One Max
Stock untill I get bored

Soktomy
Old
(Last edited by Soktomy; 10th July 2014 at 11:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svolacius View Post
The cell reply is great, I have nothing to say about it. However, I took it to the dealer and they'll change the wifi chip, we'll see how it'll go.
Do you have any (good) news from your dealer ? I have the same problem as snapz54. WiFi speed is about 10x slower than my 10 cm distant laptop when I'm not really close to my AP and EDGE/3G/HSDPA/4G data works well only 1 min if I'm in luck when i reset my connection (airplane mode on/off). The rest of the time, well... See joigned screenshot...

I tried stock 4.3, 4.4.2 Sense 5.5 & 6/CM/PAC/NuSense ROMs with stock/FlyKernel/built-in kernels and 4T.21.3218.31_10.16.1718.01L (3.15.1540.1) / ?Don't remember? (3.14.707.3) radios with no luck.

Now I'm running out of ideas...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10343006_10202378858734511_5933920111750640672_n.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	2844671  

Svolacius
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soktomy View Post
Do you have any (good) news from your dealer ? I have the same problem as snapz54. WiFi speed is about 10x slower than my 10 cm distant laptop when I'm not really close to my AP and EDGE/3G/HSDPA/4G data works well only 1 min if I'm in luck when i reset my connection (airplane mode on/off). The rest of the time, well... See joigned screenshot...

I tried stock 4.3, 4.4.2 Sense 5.5 & 6/CM/PAC/NuSense ROMs with stock/FlyKernel/built-in kernels and 4T.21.3218.31_10.16.1718.01L (3.15.1540.1) / ?Don't remember? (3.14.707.3) radios with no luck.

Now I'm running out of ideas...
They're still fixing it. I was told that it could take up to two weeks and two weeks is tomorrow
Samsung Galaxy S
SlimBean
Semaphore Kernel
SOLD

Samsung Galaxy SIII
CyanogenMod 11
SOLD

HTC One Max
Stock untill I get bored

manne48
Old
Thanks Meter 427

DONATE TO ME
hey guys,

i have a one m7 and want to change to the max;is that `wifiproblem` fixed??My M7 is ok,in all !

#best regards

manne