FORUMS

Multi DPI Apps for Galaxy Note 4

Samsung stock apps do not scale to non-stock DPIs, which can prove annoying to those that want to … more

Google #StepInsideAdWords Event Livestream

Ahead of the annual I/O conference scheduled to take place later this month, the Google … more

How Much Do You Pay for Your Wireless Bill?

With so many different carriers and options to choose from, it can sometimes be quite a task … more

Microsoft Forgets Glasses and Mirror, Trashes Google

Microsoft is preparing a monumental release with Windows 10, and it could easily be … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[S-OFF] Simple S-off for Sprint One Max with HBOOT 2.49 - just my humble experience

2nd September 2014, 06:46 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kardzhali
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Ok, i'll be short for english is not my first language - the less i write the less you'll get confused.
I hope this helps someone. I was on the latest OTA from Sprint with HBOOT 2.49 - and i found literally nothing to help me having S-OFF, until i did this on my own.
First thing - first! I'm not responsible if you brick your phone - i just share my experience and if somebody find it's useful, then use it.
Things you will need:
1. Download everything you need - Some ADB tool, custom recovery (my phone didn't like CWM so i used TWRP 2.7.1.1), Custom ROM that is already rooted and can be installed while S-ON. Open a new tab in your browser with Firewater's page so you can follow the instructions later.
2. Unlock your bootloader with HTCDEV.
3. Install custom recovery and make a backup.
4. Install custom rom (ViperMax did the job for me, it's not a rom preference, it's a workhorse of choice). Now you have root.
5. Boot the phone and set it up for WiFi, check USB Debugging, uncheck fast boot in power menu, allow mock locations, uncheck apps verifying via USB.
6. Follow instructions on Firewater's page.
7. You are now S-OFF!!! (my phone needed 3 bottles for s-off, so be patient).

If you have any questions i will be happy to reply! Good luck!
Last edited by vanshee; 7th September 2014 at 04:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vanshee For This Useful Post: [ View ]

6th September 2014, 11:19 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Is it possible to do this without getting SuperCID?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Free mobile app
7th September 2014, 08:39 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kardzhali

More
I think it is possible. As far as i know superCID is needed when you flash ROM's etc. from different carriers to avoid CID mismatch and get in bootloop or worse. With Sprint and Verizon it is a bit complicated - the ROM must support Sprint or Verizon respectively. I did the superCID just to be extra sure.
7th September 2014, 12:52 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2,633

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanshee

I think it is possible. As far as i know superCID is needed when you flash ROM's etc. from different carriers to avoid CID mismatch and get in bootloop or worse. With Sprint and Verizon it is a bit complicated - the ROM must support Sprint or Verizon respectively. I did the superCID just to be extra sure.

How did you supercid while still s on?

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Tapatalk 2
7th September 2014, 04:22 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kardzhali

More
I'm mistaken on this one, you get superCID AFTER getting s-off. Alredy edited the original post.

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to vanshee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 03:57 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread