SPRINT HTC ONE MAX FULL UNLOCK TO GSM step by step

HOW WAS IT

• Total voters
Search This thread

iquit040

Sep 7, 2009
Random issues: Maybe someone else has experienced this?

Ever since I did the s-off and gsm unlock, my phone will not revert back to sprint no matter how much i try. It gives me phone number unknown, prl 000000, and imsi 111111111101111 (or very close to this . dont have it in front of me at the moment). I have done an RUU, full reset with ##786# and ##72786# and the symptoms remain. No matter what combination of settings or software/firmware/radio combo it remains the same. It works fine on Tmobile though... so it's not a deal breaker, I am just curious is this is able to be fixed because i noticed it. I also noticed that since I have done this my GPS acts very strange. It will triangulate my location, map a route, but my compass is all messed up and always shows me going backwards. It will also not recalculate when I deviate from the original path. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Forgot to mention: I did put it back on a sprint account, I did activate, tried a profile update, and prl update, it will put the user name / email, and data works perfectly fine, but no phone number, and no phone calls /text messages work either.

ifher

Nov 28, 2011
Dallas
I manage to SIM unlock my HTC one max but I'm stuck with 2g data speed. Any solutions for this problem.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

apitnauli

Aug 23, 2012
Pontianak
hi. my device is T6WHL, s-off use sunshine method, hboot 2.49.0000
i al ready successfully flash skydragon rom but when everytime i try to unlock screen it always retart, so i cant start to unlock steps.
please help.

watters33

Jan 6, 2011
Tucson
Samsung Galaxy S20
I manage to SIM unlock my HTC one max but I'm stuck with 2g data speed. Any solutions for this problem.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Try changing your network from gsm only , or auto, or global which ever you have it on to gsm auto and you should get hspa speed , I use an apk called network on play store to change it easily if that's not it then it's apn related most likely

MVLS CROWNZ

Feb 17, 2015
Help!

I've followed the steps given beside this one
"adb push firewater /data/local/tmp
adb shell
su
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
/data/local/tmp/firewater

wait until it says successful
then reboot to fastboot
open command prompt and type
fastboot oem readcid
fastboot oem writecid 11111"

Is this causing me to get this error msg on Sim unlock helper? "Unfortunately , vDM Client has stopped"
Also I could not locate HTCOMADM_TOOL_SPCS.APK to HTCOMADM_TOOL_SPCS1.APK anywhereGreen Andriod icon - smith disabled

Bootloader unlock using sunset.
S-OFF
HBOOT-2.49
Radio's has been flash using the download links
Radio-1.35.50.1106

sonny5766

Nov 2, 2014
Failed Rom

this method is for people how try other methods and they all fail , this method works 100% if you follow the steps can i said u should have unlocked bootloader and root but i put methods that might work , and if you are so smart why don't you make a thread and explain how u did it,
trying to make your self look smart is bad for you because it shows that you are NOT
:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy::cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

Hi I've been trying for several days to get the Rom to work. Stock fails flash every time and the custom rom freezes at boot screen or goes to unlock screen but reverts back to HTC screen when unlocked. Currently on 4.4.2 with hboot 2.49, S-off with Firewater, Rooted with Super and TWRP installed. I'm at a loss as it would seem to be at the finish line but not a huge road block! Any assistance from the experts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help....:fingers-crossed:

sjtouchette

Oct 12, 2015
Is this still working?

I've been trying for months to get my Max unlocked. My dad has also tried and he does this kind of thing for a living and nothing seems to be working.

Is this method still working? I tried a previous method, but s-off with firewater didn't work, rumrunner didn't work, and I'm reluctant to pay for it through Sunshine for certain reasons. Bootloader is unlocked, flashed twrp, and rooted, but when I try flash the rom, it gives me MD5 error. I tried a different rom and the phone would lock on HTC loading screen. I've come to the conclusion that I need to downgrade the bootloader from 2.49 but had had no luck finding information on how to do this without s-off. I followed all steps to the t, I'm kind of anal about that. Phone is still functional but not unlocked. Any ideas on how to make this expensive paperweight an operational phone again instead of a "tablet" for my kids? lol

jwhood

Mar 4, 2011
baltimore,md
I would just pay the $25 for sunshine,since your running a lollipop boot loader firewater won't work cause they switched to sunshine,only firewater will work with kit kat o.s

Reactions: scotty1223

scotty1223

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2011
The bottom line, is that you're not going to get it to work without S OFF.

If you're unwilling to do that, it looks like you are stuck with Sprint or Wi-Fi.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jwhood

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HELLO AND WELCOME
    PLEASE FOLLOW EACH STEP SO YOU WONT GET PROBLEMS

THIS THREAD WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO UNLOCK SPRINT HTC ONE MAX TO GSM (WORKS EVEN ON THE NEWEST VISIONS.
    YOUR BOOT LOADER SHOULD BE UNLOCKED and you are rooted!!!!!!!!!!!!
    otherwise try this tool to unlock the bootlader : http://www.kingoapp.com/htc-bootloader-unlock.htm
    and try this to root :http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm
    CHECK YOUR DEVICE AT http://checkesnfree.com/ TAB US BLACKLIST AND PUT YOUR DEVICE IMEI
    IF IT SAYS BLACKLIST YOUR PHONE WILL ONLY WORK WITH SPOT MOBILE

you have to be very patient because this might take along time but is totally worth it at the end

download all of these files below:
    device:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407590692 Sprint_1.35.50.1106_radio.zip
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2512762&d=1389617460 HTCOMADM_SPCS.APK
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291680355 0P3PIMG_T6_WHL_JB43_SENSE55_SPCS_Sprint
    or
    http://expressleech.com/qph3bd752vlq.html skydragon v 2.0
    computer:
    http://flyhalf205.com/getdownload.php?file=recoveries/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-t6spr.img TWRP
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979 adb/fastboot if you dont have it
    http://firewater-soff.com/firewaterdownload-3 FIREWATER S-OFF
    2.this will give you good signal and 14.4 Mbps internet as some of you already know
    copy the device files to your phone and reboot to fastboot
    NOTE: ALL OF THE COMPUTER FILES THAT YOU DOWNLOAD SHOULD ME IN THE SAME FOLDER AS THE FASTBOOT/ ADB OTHERWISE IT WILL NOT WORK
    open terminal and type: fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-t6spr.img
    then reboot to recovery:
    factory reset
    flash the rom
    reboot
    connect phone to computer and enable debug mode
    open command prompt
    adb reboot
    wait 2 min after it turns on
    adb push firewater /data/local/tmp
    adb shell
    su
    chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
    /data/local/tmp/firewater

wait until it says successful
    then reboot to fastboot
    open command prompt and type
    fastboot oem readcid
    fastboot oem writecid 11111111

fastboot reboot

then reboot phone to recovery
    flash the radio
    then reboot to normal
    when the phone comes on go to play store and download: HTC Sim unlock helper and root browser
    open root browser and go to system>apps> and rename
    HTCOMADM_SPCS.APK to HTCOMADM_SPCS1.APK
    and
    HTCOMADM_TOOL_SPCS.APK to HTCOMADM_TOOL_SPCS1.APK
    then go up and go to SdCard and copy HTCOMADM_SPCS.APK to system>apps
    make sure it says rw-rw-r--
    (other wise edit it by holding on it then pressing permissions
    owner read and write
    group read and write
    others read

then OK)
    THEN REBOOT THE PHONE <----- IMPORTANT
    then go to htc sim unlock helper it should say invalid device t6whl
    its ok just press the 3 dots in the top right corner then press display sin unlock log
    it will ask you for root grant it then press back and it should show start tap on it
    go all the way to the button then press sim lock ONCE it should highlight it for few sec when the highlight go away tab
    reboot option above it

when the phone comes back on
    put your GSM card go to
    *#*#4636#*#*
    device info then go down and switch to GSM ONLY then quit and go to setting mobile data then tab
    availble GSM networks then tab search networks
    it should take few secs the it will show you your carrier tab on your carrier and its should take some time to register
    then it sshould work then just go back and tap access point name and put your carrier apn and your should get internet
    delete HTCOMADM_SPCS.APK and rename the other to apk in system<apps to normal (remove the 1) so you wont get more vdm errors
    congrats you havent killed your self yet and you did it enjoy and please
    like and thanks it took me 3 days to finally figure all of this out

this thread is add up of some posts but it was me how found out how to add all of them together to make it work
    for questions message me or replay to this thread
    finally: remove tempat flag

adb devices
    adb shell
    su

copy/paste this:
    echo -ne '\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 bs=1 seek=4265988
    Big thanks to sccoty1223 this is how reenable your fingerprint, your device should be on and the usb debugging show be on , the way is to lock your bootlader so it will work again .
    to LOCK your bootloader,enter the following:

adb devices

adb shell

su (if needed to get a # prompt)

echo -ne '\x00\x00\x00\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=33796
    (i would very strongly recomend you copy/paste this)

exit
    (exit a second time if you need to to get back to a normal > prompt)

adb reboot bootloader

verify you are now locked
    and i just flasher vibermax rom and i still have the unlock

by Mujtaba Alsaegh (nfsmww)\
    You unlocked it on stock 4.4.2?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, using the old method after I updated

this method is for people how try other methods and they all fail , this method works 100% if you follow the steps can i said u should have unlocked bootloader and root but i put methods that might work , and if you are so smart why don't you make a thread and explain how u did it,
    trying to make your self look smart is bad for you because it shows that you are NOT
    :cowboy::cowboy::cowboy::cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

Because I said the older method still works fine? Gtfo, and get off your high horse, I swear people will do anything for quick likes

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Free mobile app
    I would just pay the $25 for sunshine,since your running a lollipop boot loader firewater won't work cause they switched to sunshine,only firewater will work with kit kat o.s
    The bottom line, is that you're not going to get it to work without S OFF.

If you're unwilling to do that, it looks like you are stuck with Sprint or Wi-Fi.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk