MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Sprint RUU (ZIP) 1.16.651.4 encrypted (s-on/s-off)

1st September 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #11  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,047

2,364 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinoj2009

It takes a while ~5mins, it loads the file, then checks the signature, and then says ROM parsing start (for 5 seconds) and then tells me to press the power button to reboot.

You have to do it twice if the first time is short. Sometimes it can only update certain files first.

You are s off right?
1st September 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

You have to do it twice if the first time is short. Sometimes it can only update certain files first.

You are s off right?

Lol, shhhh, forgot to S-Off
1st September 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #13  
Flag york, pa

2,364 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinoj2009

Lol, shhhh, forgot to S-Off

OK... so if you aren't S-off AND this firmware is older than what you have it will fail. Only S-off can downgrade. You guys don't have a newer RUU yet and there were two OTAs after this one. Definitely S-off that thing while you still can (assuming it's not too late).
1st September 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #14  
Flag alex
Thanks Meter: 266

527 posts
More
@dottat
I have developer edition device and have ruu for it to stock jellyben
But I found that I can't flash the ruu to go back to jellyben from sense 6 firmware and the error was the same as mentioned above in other comments .. android info fail too many links
And after a lot of trials, I found that the rug is fine not damaged so I flashed the firmware if sense 5.5 and then tried the ruu again and it works perfect

So from my point , I think that older jb ruus can't be flashed if u have sense 6 firmware
So only I need tho flash firmware zip of sense 5.5 not the whole system the try the ruu again although both sense 6 and sense 5.5 have hboot 2.49 but I think that the one that came with sense 6 have some modifications

Also I tried to flash from sd card but no go so the only solution is flashing hboot of sense 5.5

Maybe it's the same with Sprint devices but I think that it will be the same
Last edited by mido.fayad; 1st September 2014 at 12:47 PM.
1st September 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #15  
Flag york, pa

2,364 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mido.fayad

@dottat
I have developer edition device and have ruu for it to stock jellyben
But I found that I can't flash the ruu to go back to jellyben from sense 6 firmware and the error was the same as mentioned above in other comments .. android info fail too many links
And after a lot of trials, I found that the rug is fine not damaged so I flashed the firmware if sense 5.5 and then tried the ruu again and it works perfect

So from my point , I think that older jb ruus can't be flashed if u have sense 6 firmware
So only I need tho flash firmware zip of sense 5.5 not the whole system the try the ruu again although both sense 6 and sense 5.5 have hboot 2.49 but I think that the one that came with sense 6 have some modifications

Also I tried to flash from sd card but no go so the only solution is flashing hboot of sense 5.5

Maybe it's the same with Sprint devices but I think that it will be the same

Either way....without being s off you can't downgrade firmware anyways. On my vzw rezound, m7, m8, and t6 I can simply flash ruus up or down all day long.
1st September 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #16  
Flag alex
Thanks Meter: 266

527 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

Either way....without being s off you can't downgrade firmware anyways. On my vzw rezound, m7, m8, and t6 I can simply flash ruus up or down all day long.

Yes I know that I should be s-off
And that's why I said I should downgrade first to sense 5.5 firmware then flash the ruu
And I won't be able to downgrade without s-off

So I was writing only about the error when I already have a-off because it took me 2 days till I found this fix after many trials
2nd September 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #17  
Flag york, pa

2,364 posts
Donate to Me
More
posted a current RUU for s-off users here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...ooted-t2865704

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread