[Q] Andrenaline Rom - Constant cycle - crash, reboot [Solved]

Search This thread

statmonkey

Sep 25, 2012
Phuket
Just to be clear. Phone boots normally. All functions seem to work. After a minute or two phone locks up, then reboots. If phone is powered down it boots into recovery then locks up/freezes.

Apologize for length of this question but I wanted to be thorough. I have tried several things to resolve this, lots of reading and think I know a lot of things that are not causing the problem.

I installed the Andrenaline ROM, it ran fine for a couple of days then the phone started rebooting over and over again. Note it does not do this in TWRP (shutdown and reboot by itself) nor does it do it inHBoot. Only when I actually try to use the phone or apps after booting up. Initially I did the following all successfully:

I rooted using firewater using this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2632385 following the root all was fine and according to plan. No issues.

I then followed this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498746

Finishing with this http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-max/development/romsense6-adrenaline-4-4-2verizon-t2842331

Wanting to fix this and learn. I decided to go back to square one and even though TWRP seemed to be working I thought I should start there since I can see that I am rooted and have S off and the phone is unlocked.

That means I booted into the phone. Quickly ran adb and started in doing these steps:

adb devices #to make sure it was there
adb reboot bootloader #as per instructions all went well it booted into fastboot
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-t6vzw.img
# Here seems to be the issue as it just says waiting for device ..... and nada thing happens. So while adb sees the device, runs the reboot of the bootloader it seems to be losing the connection or something at that point.

I am sure I have done something incorrectly. Can anyone lead me in the right direction toward resolving this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If somebody can just give me an idea of where the problem might be I would appreciate that. I thought about trying a different rom but system is so unstable I don't think I could get it loaded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I was fooled because it ran well for a couple of days before I had issues. After re-reading the OP on the Adrenaline ROM page for about the 100th time I finally noticed ...
IF YOU HAVE ISSUES RUNNING CUSTOM KERNELS ON YOUR HTC ONE MAX, FLASH THIS IMMEDIATELY AFTER FLASHING THE ROM:
http://xdaforums.com/devd...ct/dl/?id=7779

Flashing this from TWRP seems to have solved the issue. Thanks to all who at least read the question my apologies for wasting your time. I really did think I had read and seen everything. Actually read the whole thread and still missed that line in the opening post. Thanks to IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo for being so thorough and Flyhalf205 for having provided this. I can now go back to enjoying this fantastic ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo

Neo

Moderator Emeritus / The One - ΠΣΘ
Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
Glad you resolved it on your own. Good job :)

However, your issue with fastboot sounds like you don't really have working fastboot. While in fastboot, you do a "fastboot devices" instead of ADB devices. Then for recoveries it's a fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img
Also, fastboot commands require a locked or re-locked bootloader to work for flashing things.

Neo
Forum Moderator

statmonkey

Sep 25, 2012
Phuket
you are right

Thanks for the heads up. You are correct I have been working around this by using TWRP. I will do some research on how to get a working fastboot tomorrow. I am a linux only person but assume that being on Linux if I can get adb to work fastboot should work right?

Great call that you caught that it's really helpful to have a direction to head in.

Glad you resolved it on your own. Good job :)

However, your issue with fastboot sounds like you don't really have working fastboot. While in fastboot, you do a "fastboot devices" instead of ADB devices. Then for recoveries it's a fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img
Also, fastboot commands require a locked or re-locked bootloader to work for flashing things.

Neo
Forum Moderator

Neo

Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
Thanks for the heads up. You are correct I have been working around this by using TWRP. I will do some research on how to get a working fastboot tomorrow. I am a linux only person but assume that being on Linux if I can get adb to work fastboot should work right?

Great call that you caught that it's really helpful to have a direction to head in.
As a matter of fact, I downloaded the necessary tools for Linux which contain working fastboot and adb (They are not the same thing and two different entities). If I have time tonight I'll zip it up and upload it for you with command line install instructions for your Linux system. If not the it'll be tomorrow.

Neo
Forum Moderator

Reactions: statmonkey

statmonkey

Sep 25, 2012
Phuket
As a matter of fact, I downloaded the necessary tools for Linux which contain working fastboot and adb (They are not the same thing and two different entities). If I have time tonight I'll zip it up and upload it for you with command line install instructions for your Linux system. If not the it'll be tomorrow.

Neo
Forum Moderator

Above and beyond the call sir. That would certainly save me time, effort and confusion. I know just enough to blow a toe or two off. Tomorrow or whenever you have time. Beggars and idiots :) should not be demanding and feeling like the latter after this fiasco. Really appreciate your help and support.

Reactions: Neo

Neo

Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
Above and beyond the call sir. That would certainly save me time, effort and confusion. I know just enough to blow a toe or two off. Tomorrow or whenever you have time. Beggars and idiots :) should not be demanding and feeling like the latter after this fiasco. Really appreciate your help and support.

Download this file and unzip it: Androidv4.zip

then, navigate to the Android folder within terminal and launch the ADB-Install-Linux.sh:

Code:
. ADB-Install-Linux.sh

It will install adb and fastboot for linux.

statmonkey

Sep 25, 2012
Phuket
It will install adb and fastboot for linux.[/QUOTE]

Again many thanks.

I have some meetings this evening but will install and test in the morning. Sure it will work well.

statmonkey

Sep 25, 2012
Phuket
Last question

Download this file and unzip it:

then, navigate to the Android folder within terminal and launch the ADB-Install-Linux.sh:

Code:
. ADB-Install-Linux.sh

It will install adb and fastboot for linux.

Fastboot is now working properly. Thank you for your assistance.

No more questions. Worked all the way through the process from start to finish to make sure it was correct. Now 100% confident I have it and that it is correct. Thanks again for all the help.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to be clear. Phone boots normally. All functions seem to work. After a minute or two phone locks up, then reboots. If phone is powered down it boots into recovery then locks up/freezes.

Apologize for length of this question but I wanted to be thorough. I have tried several things to resolve this, lots of reading and think I know a lot of things that are not causing the problem.

I installed the Andrenaline ROM, it ran fine for a couple of days then the phone started rebooting over and over again. Note it does not do this in TWRP (shutdown and reboot by itself) nor does it do it inHBoot. Only when I actually try to use the phone or apps after booting up. Initially I did the following all successfully:

I rooted using firewater using this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2632385 following the root all was fine and according to plan. No issues.

I then followed this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498746

Finishing with this http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-max/development/romsense6-adrenaline-4-4-2verizon-t2842331

Wanting to fix this and learn. I decided to go back to square one and even though TWRP seemed to be working I thought I should start there since I can see that I am rooted and have S off and the phone is unlocked.

That means I booted into the phone. Quickly ran adb and started in doing these steps:

adb devices #to make sure it was there
    adb reboot bootloader #as per instructions all went well it booted into fastboot
    fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-t6vzw.img
    # Here seems to be the issue as it just says waiting for device ..... and nada thing happens. So while adb sees the device, runs the reboot of the bootloader it seems to be losing the connection or something at that point.

I am sure I have done something incorrectly. Can anyone lead me in the right direction toward resolving this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If somebody can just give me an idea of where the problem might be I would appreciate that. I thought about trying a different rom but system is so unstable I don't think I could get it loaded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I was fooled because it ran well for a couple of days before I had issues. After re-reading the OP on the Adrenaline ROM page for about the 100th time I finally noticed ...
    IF YOU HAVE ISSUES RUNNING CUSTOM KERNELS ON YOUR HTC ONE MAX, FLASH THIS IMMEDIATELY AFTER FLASHING THE ROM:
    http://xdaforums.com/devd...ct/dl/?id=7779

Flashing this from TWRP seems to have solved the issue. Thanks to all who at least read the question my apologies for wasting your time. I really did think I had read and seen everything. Actually read the whole thread and still missed that line in the opening post. Thanks to IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo for being so thorough and Flyhalf205 for having provided this. I can now go back to enjoying this fantastic ROM.

Neo
    Forum Moderator

Neo
    Forum Moderator