Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 42,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Andrenaline Rom - Constant cycle - crash, reboot [Solved]

Tip us?

statmonkey
Old
(Last edited by statmonkey; 21st August 2014 at 04:31 AM.) Reason: Resolved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Andrenaline Rom - Constant cycle - crash, reboot [Solved]

Just to be clear. Phone boots normally. All functions seem to work. After a minute or two phone locks up, then reboots. If phone is powered down it boots into recovery then locks up/freezes.

Apologize for length of this question but I wanted to be thorough. I have tried several things to resolve this, lots of reading and think I know a lot of things that are not causing the problem.

I installed the Andrenaline ROM, it ran fine for a couple of days then the phone started rebooting over and over again. Note it does not do this in TWRP (shutdown and reboot by itself) nor does it do it inHBoot. Only when I actually try to use the phone or apps after booting up. Initially I did the following all successfully:

I rooted using firewater using this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2632385 following the root all was fine and according to plan. No issues.

I then followed this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498746

Finishing with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...rizon-t2842331

Wanting to fix this and learn. I decided to go back to square one and even though TWRP seemed to be working I thought I should start there since I can see that I am rooted and have S off and the phone is unlocked.

That means I booted into the phone. Quickly ran adb and started in doing these steps:

adb devices #to make sure it was there
adb reboot bootloader #as per instructions all went well it booted into fastboot
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-t6vzw.img
# Here seems to be the issue as it just says waiting for device ..... and nada thing happens. So while adb sees the device, runs the reboot of the bootloader it seems to be losing the connection or something at that point.

I am sure I have done something incorrectly. Can anyone lead me in the right direction toward resolving this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If somebody can just give me an idea of where the problem might be I would appreciate that. I thought about trying a different rom but system is so unstable I don't think I could get it loaded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I was fooled because it ran well for a couple of days before I had issues. After re-reading the OP on the Adrenaline ROM page for about the 100th time I finally noticed ...
Quote:
IF YOU HAVE ISSUES RUNNING CUSTOM KERNELS ON YOUR HTC ONE MAX, FLASH THIS IMMEDIATELY AFTER FLASHING THE ROM:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...ct/dl/?id=7779
Flashing this from TWRP seems to have solved the issue. Thanks to all who at least read the question my apologies for wasting your time. I really did think I had read and seen everything. Actually read the whole thread and still missed that line in the opening post. Thanks to IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo for being so thorough and Flyhalf205 for having provided this. I can now go back to enjoying this fantastic ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to statmonkey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 14,100

DONATE TO ME
Glad you resolved it on your own. Good job

However, your issue with fastboot sounds like you don't really have working fastboot. While in fastboot, you do a "fastboot devices" instead of ADB devices. Then for recoveries it's a fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img
Also, fastboot commands require a locked or re-locked bootloader to work for flashing things.

Neo
Forum Moderator

New? | How2XDA | Rules | GPL | Get A Mod | Staff | Apply - RC/RT | Apply - RD | Apply - Mod
New to the HTC One Max? - Check This | Kernel Sources: Vigor | Fireball | Inc | M7 | T6 | M8

statmonkey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default you are right

Thanks for the heads up. You are correct I have been working around this by using TWRP. I will do some research on how to get a working fastboot tomorrow. I am a linux only person but assume that being on Linux if I can get adb to work fastboot should work right?

Great call that you caught that it's really helpful to have a direction to head in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo View Post
Glad you resolved it on your own. Good job

However, your issue with fastboot sounds like you don't really have working fastboot. While in fastboot, you do a "fastboot devices" instead of ADB devices. Then for recoveries it's a fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img
Also, fastboot commands require a locked or re-locked bootloader to work for flashing things.

Neo
Forum Moderator

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo
Old
Thanks Meter 14,100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by statmonkey View Post
Thanks for the heads up. You are correct I have been working around this by using TWRP. I will do some research on how to get a working fastboot tomorrow. I am a linux only person but assume that being on Linux if I can get adb to work fastboot should work right?

Great call that you caught that it's really helpful to have a direction to head in.
As a matter of fact, I downloaded the necessary tools for Linux which contain working fastboot and adb (They are not the same thing and two different entities). If I have time tonight I'll zip it up and upload it for you with command line install instructions for your Linux system. If not the it'll be tomorrow.

Neo
Forum Moderator

New? | How2XDA | Rules | GPL | Get A Mod | Staff | Apply - RC/RT | Apply - RD | Apply - Mod
New to the HTC One Max? - Check This | Kernel Sources: Vigor | Fireball | Inc | M7 | T6 | M8
The Following User Says Thank You to IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

statmonkey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
As a matter of fact, I downloaded the necessary tools for Linux which contain working fastboot and adb (They are not the same thing and two different entities). If I have time tonight I'll zip it up and upload it for you with command line install instructions for your Linux system. If not the it'll be tomorrow.

Neo
Forum Moderator
Above and beyond the call sir. That would certainly save me time, effort and confusion. I know just enough to blow a toe or two off. Tomorrow or whenever you have time. Beggars and idiots should not be demanding and feeling like the latter after this fiasco. Really appreciate your help and support.
The Following User Says Thank You to statmonkey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo
Old
Thanks Meter 14,100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by statmonkey View Post
Above and beyond the call sir. That would certainly save me time, effort and confusion. I know just enough to blow a toe or two off. Tomorrow or whenever you have time. Beggars and idiots should not be demanding and feeling like the latter after this fiasco. Really appreciate your help and support.
Download this file and unzip it: Androidv4.zip

then, navigate to the Android folder within terminal and launch the ADB-Install-Linux.sh:

Code:
. ADB-Install-Linux.sh
It will install adb and fastboot for linux.

statmonkey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
It will install adb and fastboot for linux.[/QUOTE]

Again many thanks.

I have some meetings this evening but will install and test in the morning. Sure it will work well.

statmonkey
Old
(Last edited by statmonkey; 23rd August 2014 at 04:10 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Last question

Quote:
Download this file and unzip it:

then, navigate to the Android folder within terminal and launch the ADB-Install-Linux.sh:

Code:
. ADB-Install-Linux.sh
It will install adb and fastboot for linux.
Fastboot is now working properly. Thank you for your assistance.

No more questions. Worked all the way through the process from start to finish to make sure it was correct. Now 100% confident I have it and that it is correct. Thanks again for all the help.