Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

carrier unlock?

Tip us?

mrkrowely
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default carrier unlock?

i've seen posts about unlocking the sim, but those are for GSM,

I have a sprint one max, currently using it on sprint, but i also have a verizon DNA that i use on verizon. i will soon be wanting to use my one max on verizon, how do i achieve this with the one max?

cstrife999
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrowely View Post
i've seen posts about unlocking the sim, but those are for GSM,

I have a sprint one max, currently using it on sprint, but i also have a verizon DNA that i use on verizon. i will soon be wanting to use my one max on verizon, how do i achieve this with the one max?
Can't. All Verizon phones must be provisioned by Verizon. That's why you can never buy an unlocked phone and go to them with it.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to cstrife999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrkrowely
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
well that stinks!

WTB Bricked verizon htc one max then!! lol

FOR CHEAP!

mrkrowely
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrife999 View Post
Can't. All Verizon phones must be provisioned by Verizon. That's why you can never buy an unlocked phone and go to them with it.

i'm still curious and why you couldn't flash a verizon hboot, raidio, firmware, and rom, insert an actual verizon sim card and it work?
i'm sure it wouldn't work to it's 100%, but 90% of the bandwith usage on both devices are the same, both are cdma and LTE.

cstrife999
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
i'm still curious and why you couldn't flash a verizon hboot, raidio, firmware, and rom, insert an actual verizon sim card and it work?
i'm sure it wouldn't work to it's 100%, but 90% of the bandwith usage on both devices are the same, both are cdma and LTE.
Verizon has to provision all phones for use on their network. Without their allowance nothing else matters. Imagine their network like a WiFi hotspot. You have the ability to use it but lack the passphrase and no ability to find it out without the owners permission.

mrkrowely
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrife999 View Post
Verizon has to provision all phones for use on their network. Without their allowance nothing else matters. Imagine their network like a WiFi hotspot. You have the ability to use it but lack the passphrase and no ability to find it out without the owners permission.

i have a verizon droid DNA, with an account, what if i or could i put the "ID" and everything of my max to look like it's the DNA, and flash the verizon MAX rom and everything, just altering the info file to match the new DNA id's so that it installs?

cstrife999
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
i have a verizon droid DNA, with an account, what if i or could i put the "ID" and everything of my max to look like it's the DNA, and flash the verizon MAX rom and everything, just altering the info file to match the new DNA id's so that it installs?
There is no way to do it. It doesn't matter what you copy Verizon didn't provision your meid......