Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 47,304 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Low wifi signal - Hardware or Software.

Tip us?

Svolacius
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Got my HTC back. They fixed it, but flashed a different, Asian region (default language was chinese, many weird apps installed by default),ROM. Now I want to flash a stock ROM with no weird apps pre-installed and no weird languages. Is there a way to do this? The only thing I could think of is flash Cyanogenmod, then back to stock. Just where can I find stock HTC roms? There's nothing like Sammobile for HTC :l
Samsung Galaxy S
SlimBean
Semaphore Kernel
SOLD

Samsung Galaxy SIII
CyanogenMod 11
SOLD

HTC One Max
Stock untill I get bored

cstrife999
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svolacius View Post
Got my HTC back. They fixed it, but flashed a different, Asian region (default language was chinese, many weird apps installed by default),ROM. Now I want to flash a stock ROM with no weird apps pre-installed and no weird languages. Is there a way to do this? The only thing I could think of is flash Cyanogenmod, then back to stock. Just where can I find stock HTC roms? There's nothing like Sammobile for HTC :l
Just flash the ruu for your device.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Free mobile app

Svolacius
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrife999 View Post
Just flash the ruu for your device.

I'm not familiar with HTC phones, please, explain what rru is :xy
Samsung Galaxy S
SlimBean
Semaphore Kernel
SOLD

Samsung Galaxy SIII
CyanogenMod 11
SOLD

HTC One Max
Stock untill I get bored

cstrife999
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
I'm not familiar with HTC phones, please, explain what rru is :xy
Its a way to go back to stock. Check the ruu for your carrier in the android dev section. Or perhaps original dev section can't remember which one.

Svolacius
Old
(Last edited by Svolacius; 27th July 2014 at 03:43 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrife999 View Post
Its a way to go back to stock. Check the ruu for your carrier in the android dev section. Or perhaps original dev section can't remember which one.

Right, now I am in trouble. Flashed ROM, forgot to wipe data (maybe it does have to do somehing with the problem.), booted, got decryption password because of "unable to mount /data". Went back to recovery and restored my old stock ROM. However, decryption screen still persists, leaving me able to use lockscreen only. The problem is that this rom has USB debugging off and Fast Boot on and I can't change that because of the password requirement, so I can't use ADB or boot into recovery using keys. What do I do to get into recovery?
Samsung Galaxy S
SlimBean
Semaphore Kernel
SOLD

Samsung Galaxy SIII
CyanogenMod 11
SOLD

HTC One Max
Stock untill I get bored

cstrife999
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Right, now I am in trouble. Flashed ROM, forgot to wipe data (maybe it does have to do somehing with the problem.), booted, got decryption password because of "unable to mount /data". Went back to recovery and restored my old stock ROM. However, decryption screen still persists, leaving me able to use lockscreen only. The problem is that this rom has USB debugging off and Fast Boot on and I can't change that because of the password requirement, so I can't use ADB or boot into recovery using keys. What do I do to get into recovery?
Hold volume down while phone is booting. Should do the trick. That will get you into fastboot which allows you to get into recovery.

Svolacius
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Holding Vol Up + Vol Down + Power while phone was on did the trick, as it restarted and while it was resarting I did Vol Down + Power and voila, problem solved.
Samsung Galaxy S
SlimBean
Semaphore Kernel
SOLD

Samsung Galaxy SIII
CyanogenMod 11
SOLD

HTC One Max
Stock untill I get bored