No registration required

[Q&A] [ROM] [4.4.2] [Sense 6] [Demon Dust] [11.22.14] [SPR][VZW]

OP QA Bot

QA Bot
24th November 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #1  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Q&A for [ROM] [4.4.2] [Sense 6] [Demon Dust] [11.22.14] [SPR][VZW]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM] [4.4.2] [Sense 6] [Demon Dust] [11.22.14] [SPR][VZW]. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!
24th November 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #2  

9 posts
More
keeps rebooting (sprint version)
I'm at a loss. Since unlocking my bootloader, flashing TWRP and installing CM11, this is the second Sense rom that doesn't work for me. (unlocked bootloader, s-on, Sprint HTC One Max)

Just as with Adrenaline, I'm able to successfully flash the rom in TWRP and it boots to the HTC setup menu. But shortly thereafter the phone reboots. After that it seems to reboot every 90 seconds. I can't reflash Cm11 without a problem. But as soon as I flash this or Adrenaline the reboot problem reoccurs. Anyone know what I'm ****ing up?
24th November 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #3  
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 123

214 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapsama

I'm at a loss. Since unlocking my bootloader, flashing TWRP and installing CM11, this is the second Sense rom that doesn't work for me. (unlocked bootloader, s-on, Sprint HTC One Max)

Just as with Adrenaline, I'm able to successfully flash the rom in TWRP and it boots to the HTC setup menu. But shortly thereafter the phone reboots. After that it seems to reboot every 90 seconds. I can't reflash Cm11 without a problem. But as soon as I flash this or Adrenaline the reboot problem reoccurs. Anyone know what I'm ****ing up?

I sent you a PM, but figured I would also respond here. Make sure that the version of TWRP that you are using is from Fly's thread here on XDA:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498746
If you are using TWRP from Fly's thread, make sure you are not wiping System when flashing the ROM since this is done automatically.
Hope this helps you.
24th November 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #4  

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisch3r

I sent you a PM, but figured I would also respond here. Make sure that the version of TWRP that you are using is from Fly's thread here on XDA:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498746
If you are using TWRP from Fly's thread, make sure you are not wiping System when flashing the ROM since this is done automatically.
Hope this helps you.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I've tried both 2.8.0.1 and 2.8.1.0 from that thread you linked. I have followed the instructions in your OP. I only do the swipe to wipe, I don't do any advanced wiping. I think I'm missing something somewhere. The phone starts fine and boots into Android. Once I'm there it reboots after a minute or so. What could cause such an issue?

CM11 flashes perfectly fine and works too except for the lack of Spark and the Wifi profile reset. This is really strange.
24th November 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #5  
Flag Milwaukee, WI

214 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I've tried both 2.8.0.1 and 2.8.1.0 from that thread you linked. I have followed the instructions in your OP. I only do the swipe to wipe, I don't do any advanced wiping. I think I'm missing something somewhere. The phone starts fine and boots into Android. Once I'm there it reboots after a minute or so. What could cause such an issue?

CM11 flashes perfectly fine and works too except for the lack of Spark and the Wifi profile reset. This is really strange.

Did you ever flash an unsecured kernel?
24th November 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #6  

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisch3r

Did you ever flash an unsecured kernel?

Hmm I don't think so. All I did was unlock the bootloader on HTC's website. Then I followed Cyanogen's instructions to put CM11 on there. After I was dissatisfied with the LTE/Wifi issues I tried flashing the Adrenaline rom. When that didn't work I tried yours.

I should mention that I did buy this phone earlier this year on ebay. Supposedly new. Is there a way to find out if the previous owner did flash a different kernel?
24th November 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #7  
Flag Milwaukee, WI

214 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hmm I don't think so. All I did was unlock the bootloader on HTC's website. Then I followed Cyanogen's instructions to put CM11 on there. After I was dissatisfied with the LTE/Wifi issues I tried flashing the Adrenaline rom. When that didn't work I tried yours.

I should mention that I did buy this phone earlier this year on ebay. Supposedly new. Is there a way to find out if the previous owner did flash a different kernel?

I would suspect this to be your problem. After you did your initial flash of TWRP, you created a backup of your phone and saved it...correct?
13th December 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #8  

2 posts
I am on your sprint version on the ROM and love it. It has been my daily driver for a while but i have one problem.m I have not been able to get LTE to allow me to use wifi tethering at all.. every time I try the LTE signal comes and goes and never stays connected so i can only use 3g which isnt all that bad when i have a good signal, but when I know LTE is available to use itnwould be nice to get full speed from my phone.
15th December 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #9  
Flag Nonthaburi / Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 80

629 posts
More
Thumbs up
I hope this ROM may come to International GSM model too..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa
Previous Thread Next Thread