Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

SuperSU Binaries Install Failed

OP thayl0

30th July 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #1  
thayl0's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
879 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
More
Let me give you some background information. I sent my phone in for free screen replacement. I left it soff and locked bootloader.

I received my phone back s on and locked.

I'm trying to gain the temp root with firewater. I install Supersu. Here my problem I can't get the binaries to install. Which is whats is stopping me from move farther.

Any suggestions?
30th July 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #2  
JBS976's Avatar
Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 14
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thayl0

Let me give you some background information. I sent my phone in for free screen replacement. I left it soff and locked bootloader.

I received my phone back s on and locked.

I'm trying to gain the temp root with firewater. I install Supersu. Here my problem I can't get the binaries to install. Which is whats is stopping me from move farther.

Any suggestions?

Are you using weaksauce for temp root?
30th July 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #3  
thayl0's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
879 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS976

Are you using weaksauce for temp root?

Yes. I installed the zip apk. The apk Install and I click the app. It says already rooted. Next step I I stall supersu. It says it need to update binaries. I click okay. It says failed. I've never had problems with any of this stuff before. Idk if HTC installed something on my device to permanently disable me from getting s off.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th July 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #4  
JBS976's Avatar
Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 14
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thayl0

Yes. I installed the zip apk. The apk Install and I click the app. It says already rooted. Next step I I stall supersu. It says it need to update binaries. I click okay. It says failed. I've never had problems with any of this stuff before. Idk if HTC installed something on my device to permanently disable me from getting s off.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

since it says you are rooted, try to proceed with firewater for s-off. I really doubt that they put something on to prevent s-off, at least I hope not. But try firewater now as I think I remember that happening to me with the binaries but it worked anyway. and if it does work in my case it corrupted my stock rom and I had to flash something right away, so you may want to put something on your sd card so you are ready as it wouldnt even let me go back into my rom after I went to bootloader to verify s-off
Last edited by JBS976; 30th July 2014 at 02:17 PM.
30th July 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #5  
thayl0's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
879 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS976

since it says you are rooted, try to proceed with firewater for s-off. I really doubt that they put something on to prevent s-off, at least I hope not. But try firewater now as I think I remember that happening to me with the binaries but it worked anyway. and if it does work in my case it corrupted my stock rom and I had to flash something right away, so you may want to put something on your sd card so you are ready as it wouldnt even let me go back into my rom after I went to bootloader to verify s-off

Its not possible because firewater doesn't notice SuperSu sense the binaries aren't installed. But I'm try to push firewater even though the binaries want install.


Edit: update I have push firewater I get to where it starting chugging and then it says someone pissed in your firewater reboot and try again.

Edit: I am now S off. I had to download no lock in app store to do away completely with the lock screen.
Last edited by thayl0; 30th July 2014 at 05:06 PM.
30th July 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #6  
JBS976's Avatar
Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 14
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thayl0

Its not possible because firewater doesn't notice SuperSu sense the binaries aren't installed. But I'm try to push firewater even though the binaries want install.


Edit: update I have push firewater I get to where it starting chugging and then it says someone pissed in your firewater reboot and try again.

Edit: I am now S off. I had to download no lock in app store to do away completely with the lock screen.

Awesome! Glad you got it. Now back to flashing... lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes