Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Unable to Install any Custom Rom

OP xFed

15th August 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #1  
xFed's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Rogers, MN
Thanks Meter: 0
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Hello all,

I am having issues installing any ROM on my HTC One Max. I have unlocked it using HTCdev, installed CWM, SuperUser, but have not bee able to set S-OFF.

However, I have not been able to install any rooms using the tradition way of installing the zip via the recovery or using fastboot. Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated.
15th August 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #2  
marra2's Avatar
Senior Member
york uk
Thanks Meter: 9
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
What I did was rip the boot image from the Rom then install the Rom using clockwork then back into boot loader and flash the boot image using fastboot commands from pc then reboot into your Rom, from this i was able to s off !

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Free mobile app
15th August 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #3  
thayl0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98
 
879 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
More
All you got to do it run firewater and boom.
15th August 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #4  
marra2's Avatar
Senior Member
york uk
Thanks Meter: 9
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
As was in my case the HTC kernel stops fire water doing it's job so I installed custom Rom first and boom s off !

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Free mobile app
16th August 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #5  
xFed's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Rogers, MN
Thanks Meter: 0
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thayl0

All you got to do it run firewater and boom.

Thanks for the infmration. I tried firewater and it did not work. I haven't used boom before. Could you point me to where I can get that?
16th August 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #6  
xFed's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Rogers, MN
Thanks Meter: 0
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marra2

What I did was rip the boot image from the Rom then install the Rom using clockwork then back into boot loader and flash the boot image using fastboot commands from pc then reboot into your Rom, from this i was able to s off !

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Free mobile app

marra2 Thank for the response. If I understood you correctly, I should remove the boot image from the rom zip before I flash and then boot into bootloader and flash the image image. Will this then set s-off? or do I need to do something else?
16th August 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #7  
marra2's Avatar
Senior Member
york uk
Thanks Meter: 9
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Kind of, flash Rom flash boot image reboot then use fire water to s off but try fire water before all this as I did but wouldn't work due to HTC kernel.once your s off you can flash away !

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Free mobile app
16th August 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
have you tried flashing twrp recovery?

i have T6spr, haven't been able to get s-off either, but i've been able to flash any compatible rom, and make sure the rom you're trying to flash is compatible with your device. i've noticed that the htc one max has several different build tree's! ><
17th August 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #9  
thayl0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98
 
879 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFed

Thanks for the infmration. I tried firewater and it did not work. I haven't used boom before. Could you point me to where I can get that?

Boom isn't a program. I say saying boom as in profit your soff.
17th August 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #10  
xFed's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Rogers, MN
Thanks Meter: 0
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrowely

have you tried flashing twrp recovery?

i have T6spr, haven't been able to get s-off either, but i've been able to flash any compatible rom, and make sure the rom you're trying to flash is compatible with your device. i've noticed that the htc one max has several different build tree's! ><

No I haven't tried TWRP recovery. I am still on CWM, I will try that and see if that allows me to flash roms even without s-off

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes