FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] Other ways to turn on/off the screen without using the hardware button

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By iMustAsk, Junior Member on 27th August 2014, 11:11 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm wondering if there's a way (app or manual edit of system files) to make the hardware buttons less used to keep them from getting soft

and for that I'm mainly focusing on the power button as it is frequently used, I have two ideas:
- taking the gesture from the new M8 which is by double tapping the screen, if you're a developer please tell me if it's possible to take that function from the M8 maybe edit it and make it work on the One Max!

- We have a great special thing called fingerprint scanner, and since it's not that good at identifying the owner's fingerprint but always works at identifying fingerprints of people, maybe we can use it to wake up screen by simply swiping the finger over it!

So here is my question and here are my ideas, if you have a good answer for me please share it in the comments!
Thanks XDA!

18th March 2015, 09:30 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Also looking for a way to do it, but in my case the reason is my power button stopped working and the only way to wake the device is by plugging a charger. What could I use else before having it fixed by service?
Last edited by gajovy; 18th March 2015 at 09:36 AM.
18th March 2015, 12:16 PM |#3  
Flag München
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
for switching off i use nova launcher with the app "screen off and lock"

DoubleTap on screen now the max going off. (i do this with all phones)

But switching on with doubleTap i always searching how it can work. I have
no idea
18th March 2015, 09:43 PM |#4  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 49

More
my understanding is that without a modded kernel, turning screen ON with touchscreen taps is a no go.

an alternate is to use something like the xposed sense 6 toolkit feature "wake screen with volume buttons". granted it still uses hardware buttons, but at least the power button wont have to take as much "abuse" anymore.

for turning screen off, sense 6 tookit offers gestures on the homescreen. i have mapped swipe down to screen off.

i vaguely remember reading about another xposed mod that can map double tap on status bar to screen off.

just my 2 cents!

edit: i m using another xposed mod called "sense 6 lockscreen mods" that enables double tap to screen off on the lockscreen.

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Free mobile app
6th April 2015, 09:25 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy

for switching off i use nova launcher with the app "screen off and lock"

DoubleTap on screen now the max going off. (i do this with all phones)

But switching on with doubleTap i always searching how it can work. I have
no idea

Try WTN by Wolandsoft. Works perfect for me. I was looking for a way to turn on the phone in the car while driving. This works perfectly.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...soft.wtn&hl=en
18th April 2015, 08:17 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrr

Try WTN by Wolandsoft. Works perfect for me. I was looking for a way to turn on the phone in the car while driving. This works perfectly.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...soft.wtn&hl=en

Try AutoScreenOnOff
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...toscreenonoff#

Even better than WTN that I recommended. Just found this one last night. A lot smoother.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread