wifi calling notification/won't save address!

OP mrkrowely

22nd August 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
i'm running a stock rom, rooted, s-off, and my wifi calling isn't working, or only works for a minute or so.

i've seen a lot of posts on sprints forums about similar issues, but without a resolve.

My specific issue, is that mine won't work with wifi on, wifi calling on, and airplane mode on, says to turn airplane mode off to make a call. Also, i keep getting the notification to setup the profile for 911, i've set it up and saved it multiple times, tried everything, factory reset, clear app cache, recovery clear dalvic cache, and i do nothing to make it appear, meaning i haven't moved anywhere, haven't lost wifi, or anything, ALSO, when this notification pops up, wifi calling stops working. so i'll click on the notification, save the location, it will momentarily lose phone signal (bars with x over them) then gain 3 bars, if i make a call at this point it works, for a minute, if that, then the notification pops up again, and it drops the call.

I've even tried disabling the app from notifications, there are two apps in the all tab of the app manager, one of them is unchecked for notifications, the other won't let me uncheck it. i've also tried unchecking location in the wifi calling settings where you save your location at, but as soon as the notifiation pops up again, location is checked again automatically. can ANYONE help?
22nd August 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
Exclamation
i contacted sprint, went through all the regular sprint BS, try this, try that, do this again. and still nothing, so the sprint lady called HTC support while i was on the phone. and after about 5-10 minutes, of waiting and explaining everything, the HTC support rep basically said, "Yeah, you have wifi calling on your phone because of sense 6, BUT, it's not supported, not under any of the carriers for the HTC one Max."

so if i understand this right, HTC, released Sense 6 update for the one max, the carriers combed through it, made their adjustments (If any) then pushed them OTA, and HTC is saying, GOOD LUCK.?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread