[ROM][5.1.1][Official] CyanogenMod 12.1 [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

matthewtech770

Dec 11, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Android SDK on Ubuntu 14.04

All variants should have new builds uploaded. Having too much fun at six flags today. :)
:confused:Hay Mr.Flyhalf sorry I been away so long but been enjoying my new Sony Z Ultra while my One Max has been sitting in my draw doing nothing but I have one problem My windows 8 laptop that had all my SDK and flash tools died in December and and will be using my One max to test your builds can I install SDK on Ubuntu :cool::confused:

shaheed00

Dec 13, 2010
S.F. Bay
Android SDK Ubuntu

Android SDK is very easy to install on Ubuntu and much easier to use vs Windows in my opinion . Download, unzip, open terminal and proceed to development.

andrewjt19

:confused:Hay Mr.Flyhalf sorry I been away so long but been enjoying my new Sony Z Ultra while my One Max has been sitting in my draw doing nothing but I have one problem My windows 8 laptop that had all my SDK and flash tools died in December and and will be using my One max to test your builds can I install SDK on Ubuntu :cool::confused:

Android SDK is very easy to install on Ubuntu and much easier to use vs Windows in my opinion . Download, unzip, open terminal and proceed to development.
Best thing to do is just Google how to install SDK on your particular version of Ubuntu. Usually Google provides a generic version on their website. It is easier on Linux versus windows OS. Less driver issues.

Reactions: shaheed00

shaheed00

Dec 13, 2010
S.F. Bay
Driver Hell

Best thing to do is just Google how to install SDK on your particular version of Ubuntu. Usually Google provides a generic version on their website. It is easier on Linux versus windows OS. Less driver issues.

Lol, don't get me started on drivers, my first attempt @ rooting and flashing was on a HTC Evo back in 2010 on an extra slow Acer Aspire 10 netbook, needless to say I failed miserably due to driver issues and jumping thru numerous hoops i.e. PDA.net.

hovadrive

Sep 20, 2010
Kingston
I am dying to go on this built but is the only phone I use and on cm12 there were a lot of random reboot uncontrollably, so can someone tell me how is it working out so far on the sprint version?

HTC One Max

Adrioid

Mar 31, 2011
Just flashed the latest Verizon build :thumbup: running smooth!

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Free mobile app

abhimanbiswas

Sep 19, 2011
New Delhi
Issue still persists

How are these builds acting for everyone?

Hi,

I am so sorry, the compulsive flasher in me made me go ahead and flash the April 8 build for the International variant. However, there is still no signal info being displayed by signal bars. It is plain blank. Though data and telephony is working as fine as it should. What could be the reason. This is a clean flash with TWRP latest version.

Help me out please..:crying:

tlarm

Sep 26, 2010
Latest version 4/8 works great (on Verizon). I had the same issue with no signal bars showing but a reboot solved the problem. Nice work Fly!!!!

Reactions: andrewjt19

milesje

Jun 8, 2010
Texas
Has the SMS issue (not sending SMS) been fixed? I just installed the 4/8 SPR version today and everything looks to be work great except for SMS. The various apps show that it sent the SMS but it is never received on the other end. Receiving SMS looks to working for the most part, depending on the senders service/phone it some times take an absurd amount of time to receive the message but I think that is an issue with the service provider and/or phone doing the sending.

hovadrive

Sep 20, 2010
Kingston
I got this running on my sprint Max but using it on a GSM carrier, everything nice ? I even turn it in sense 7 lol with sense home and a few sense app

Sent from my One Max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

milesje

Jun 8, 2010
Texas
OK, I updated to the 4/11 SPR build and now SMS is working (at least for hangouts as thats the SMS app I use). Everything looks to be working so far, I haven't had the time to really test the 3G/4G (LTE) networking yet. I will do so later this afternoon. Thanks a lot @Flyhalf205

milesje

Jun 8, 2010
Texas
OK, I updated to the 4/11 SPR build and now SMS is working (at least for hangouts as thats the SMS app I use). Everything looks to be working so far, I haven't had the time to really test the 3G/4G (LTE) networking yet. I will do so later this afternoon. Thanks a lot @Flyhalf205

OK, so maybe SMS is not fully working. I initially tested by sending a SMS message via Hangouts to my wife who does not use Hangouts responded and I did receive it. But I just logged into my google account on my PC and hangouts is showing that I have 12 unread message, so I checked my phone and none of the message have been received received by my phone.

For the 3G/4G network test, I left work during my lunch break and was not able to get any kind of mobile data working at all. I tried changing between a few of the different networking options and nothing would allow me to gain mobile data. When I get back to work it picked up the WiFi and connected to it right away, so at least it is remembering WiFi networks. After a couple of reboots with WiFi turned off I'm now connecting to LTE (not sure about 3G). But if I have WiFi on when I boot I'm unable to get mobile data after turning WiFi off.

Last edited:

abhimanbiswas

Sep 19, 2011
New Delhi
Issue Solved

So I clean flashed last built that 4/11 and issue was still there on first bootup..I cleared cache and Dalvik as I have read elsewhere that it helped. Upon startup the signals were there but went missing again on next reboot. I sort of gave up after that and slept after switching off. In the morning when I turned my One Max on, signals were there and has been there ever since regardless of reboots and all..

So yah everything works now and new animations are a charm..Thanks Mr. Flyhalf..I cannot tag anyone yet being a newcomer..someone please tag him on my behalf..:good::highfive:

Reactions: GaryJohnSr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][5.1.1][Official] CyanogenMod 12.1 [DISCONTINUED]

This is the cm-12.1 thread. All comments or questions regarding cm-13.0 will be removed.​

logo.png
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 your device?
    Coming from a SENSE ROM?
    1. Enable all location services: Settings > Location > (all location services) = On
    Coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

What works:
    Data/calls
    SMS/MMS
    Camera
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    GPS(Get a lock on Sense first)
    LEDs
    Speakers
    Torch

Doesn't work:
    Wi-Fi signal isn't as strong as Sense rom but has become more stable than early builds
    GPS you will need to get a lock on Sense first

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Changelog t6 - http://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/t6/
    Changelog t6spr - http://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/t6spr/
    Changelog t6vzw - http://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/t6vzw/

GSM: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=t6

Sprint: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=t6spr

Verizon: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=t6vzw

Google apps addon:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Device Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/T6vzw_Info

Big thanks to:
    The CM team
    The xda users who gave me this phone
    sbrissen

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1, ROM for the HTC One Max

Contributors
    Flyhalf205
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-03-29
    Last Updated 2016-12-29
    Hey Flyhalf, any chance of you and Santod bringing his NuSenSeveN ROM to the HTC One Max like you guys did with the NuSenSix ROM?
    OK, I just dirty flashed the 10-22 build for sprint and the phone app hasn't FCed yet!!!! :laugh:
    I will do some other testing to make sure things are working as good as the 9-02 build.

Any update? I was about to take Sprint builds down.

I'm working on trying to get cm-13 to build.
    :laugh:just to let you know as of the 6-01-2015 nightlys charging seam's much better oh will you still support us when Android M comes out in the Fall I'm hearing Google's putting native fingerprint support in the operating system:laugh:

Yes. I will definitely try to get the native fingerprint working in M!
    Just like any other CM version. It will be weeks or maybe 2 months after Android 6.0 source code is released before we even see CM13 rom.