Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[KERNEL] Liberty Kernel | MLG

OP bilal_liberty

30th September 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 3

50 posts
Can you guys give me a crash course on how to flash a kernel without flashing a whole rom?

Thanks
30th September 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #42  
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 71

245 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecos77

Can you guys give me a crash course on how to flash a kernel without flashing a whole rom?

Thanks

for this kernel, just save the zip to sdcard, reboot into twrp, go to install, find zip file you saved, and install it. it will run aroma installer then prompt for reboot
30th September 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 3

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollywhitefoot

for this kernel, just save the zip to sdcard, reboot into twrp, go to install, find zip file you saved, and install it. it will run aroma installer then prompt for reboot

Very simple. Thanks

I am on IC 4.0.8 r21. I should update to r23 and then flash the kernel right? Otherwise if I flash now, when I update to r23 it will revert to the kernel that comes with that rom?

Thanks for your help.
30th September 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #44  
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 71

245 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecos77

Very simple. Thanks

I am on IC 4.0.8 r21. I should update to r23 and then flash the kernel right? Otherwise if I flash now, when I update to r23 it will revert to the kernel that comes with that rom?

Thanks for your help.

I believe, that's correct. After you flash r23, deselect select the option to reboot and it'll take you back into twrp (or you can just select both files initially, first the ROM zip and then the Kernel zip, but i've never done it that way, i always just do them one at a time), then you can flash the kernel, then reboot. that way you don't have to reboot twice.

edit-btw, r24 is now available
Last edited by jollywhitefoot; 30th September 2014 at 09:45 PM.
2nd October 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 48

139 posts
More
Big thanks for your work again, @bilal_liberty ! I went to the download site and discovered that this kernel is is actually a ZIP package; what is the correct way to flash it? Should I:

A) extract boot.img from the above zip file, boot my phone into bootloader and use "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
OR
B) place the entire zip file in my phone memory, boot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache and and flash ZIP from recovery ?

Instructions I find on XDA and internet contradict each other.
I am S-OFF, TWRP 2.8.0.1, 2.22 firmware, InsertCoin 4.0.3.r23 with default kernel.
Last edited by pure.by; 2nd October 2014 at 12:16 PM.
2nd October 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #46  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12,660

3,621 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.by

Big thanks for your work again, @bilal_liberty ! I went to the download site and discovered that this kernel is is actually a ZIP package; what is the correct way to flash it? Should I:

A) extract boot.img from the above zip file, boot my phone into bootloader and use "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
OR
B) place the entire zip file in my phone memory, boot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache and and flash ZIP from recovery ?

Instructions I find on XDA and internet contradict each other.
I am S-OFF, TWRP 2.8.0.1, 2.22 firmware, InsertCoin 4.0.3.r23 with default kernel.

Just flash it from recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilal_liberty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 48

139 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilal_liberty

Just flash it from recovery.

Thanks for the quick reply! Do I need to wipe cache and/or Dalvik cache first?
Last edited by pure.by; 2nd October 2014 at 12:38 PM.
8th October 2014, 08:15 AM   |  #48  
Flag Esfahan-Shahin Shahr
Thanks Meter: 18

96 posts
More
@bilal_liberty, Hi I Use This Kernel For IC 4.0.4 & Liberty V1, But In Both Of Them When Connect OTG, My Phone Freez & Reboot, Any Body try This ?
Any Solution ?
Any Suggest ?
The Following User Says Thank You to jack15381 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #49  
Thanks Meter: 9

70 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack15381

@bilal_liberty, Hi I Use This Kernel For IC 4.0.4 & Liberty V1, But In Both Of Them When Connect OTG, My Phone Freez & Reboot, Any Body try This ?
Any Solution ?
Any Suggest ?

yes.. me too.. suddenly phone reboot and boot loop..

The Following User Says Thank You to 410eaL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread